Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
I know they are old but I love them and honestly they havent been used that much. The boa wire busted out the last time I rode and was hoping I could fix them. I re-attached a new wire to the boa wheel and threaded it through the binding but just dont understand how it locks in to the foot bed. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Attached Images

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-23-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Sorry I think you might be outta luck.... I had to warranty mine.. lucky they gave me a 08 model instead.
Old     (BCMWAKE61209)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-23-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
once the boa breaks on the 06 and 07s they are dunzo........... i went through six pairs in 06 and opted to ride my 05's in 07..........
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-23-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hey dude I experienced the same problem you did!!! I called the company for warranty but they had none left!! so we did our own fix till the 08s came out!!!

Me and my dad fed the the new wire through like you did and then cut a small slit very close to the case so we could get the wire out the bottom like 1-3 cms from the base plate then found a small screw and screwed it upwards through the base plate and made a hole the we took it out.. so now we had a hole and a wire out the bottom of the boot still attached to the boa!! so we took the wire hanging out if the bottom of the boot and put it through the hole and put the screw in again and that way the screw clamped the wire in the hole between the screw and plastic.

Now your wire is attached again!!!

Note: put a piece of bicycle tube rubber under your screw so it doesn't scratch your board, mine slipped out and made a little scratch. even with the rubber.

Im not sure how long this will work and how it'll work for you im just saying how we fixed mine.. I got new boots after the season was over.

Hope you figure it out
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
dyllon, thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have a picture of what you did you can post, or do you still have the binding and you can take a pic of it? Thanks bro.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-23-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hey dude im sorry i dont have the picture but i can draw it up good so its easier to understand!!! after Friday if you can wait that long because I am in the middle of exams!!! sorry
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-23-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I had a pair of 06's. The BOA tore up, and I moved on. I did like how locked in I felt with those bindings.
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
Love my 07 Murrays..
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-08-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
so i rigged up my binding and got the wire attached at the bottom now i am having trouble getting the boa wire attached back to the boa spool. I put it in the hole and screw in the little screw but it wont catch the wire and hold it in. Any tricks for this? I have done it before and know it can be a pain but just cant figure it out this time for some reason.