Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    xtremrider            09-07-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
I was looking at my pic in one of the earlier posts and it seems like i am in front of the peak of my wake. This is the boat (sky supreme) with no ballast, 20 gals of gas, and 2 people in the boat and at 24mph. I am running 65' rope plus handle.

let me know what you think, what should i do.
pic of a 180 from last weekend
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
If you're consistently clearing both wakes and landing in the flats, let the rope out a 5 foot section at a time.
Old    xtremrider            09-07-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
DOes any one know where i can get extentions for a rope, i lost the ones i took off. Or should i purchase a new rope.
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
Check out BUYWAKE.com

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail.lasso?cat=5&man=Accurate&sku=AC_dSgyG
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
depending on the rope you got, think about getting a new Accurate line.
Whats going on with the wake, was the boat turning, also with that little of weight I would think you would be going at like 22mph.
Old    natxbrotha            09-07-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
you should try going about 20-21mph at 65ft and see how that works out. that would put you at the peak of the wake.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-07-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
well it depends... is it 24 on Perfect pass? find a skier to help calibrate your speedos... I need to do mine, I ride at 27 which is actually probably 23ish and 22 on every other boat is a good speed
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
I would slow the boat down unless you can get more weight. Maybe try 23 mph at 70 feet.
Old    xtremrider            09-08-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
i have built in bags that add about 600lbs when full, but i am not as comfertable htting a wake that big. i have a more difficult time staying balanced.
Old    xtremrider            09-08-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Its not 24 with perfect pass, but the speedo is pretty close, because the cops on our lake have radar guns, 35mph speed limit.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Did you clear the second wake on the jump in that photo? If you are not clearing both wakes then you definitely don't need to lengthen the rope.

If you are clearing the wake and you are unsure about lengthening then I would suggest adding shorter segments and not going with a 5' extension right off the bat. Just adding 2'-3' will have noticable impact. There is nothing sacred about 5' increments and you may go right past your sweet spot by using too long an extension. It's real easy to go buy a piece of rope and make you own extension. Since it's going right on the tower, even if it's not "wakeboard" rope it will work fine to dial in your right length.