Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
Just wanted to throw this out there. I installed a Make-A-Wake in my boat. Got the RCIII and it works great. Takes about 8 min to fill 2 750s one tube sac and one integrated bow sac. Great system just wanted to lt everyone know. Very Satisfied customer
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Post some pics!
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
i was lookin at those. glad to hear they work great

like mac said post some pics
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2007, 11:15 PM Reply   
Preston, how long did it take to get your system?
I ordered mine on the 12th...but it's now been about a week and a half since I could even get him to answer an email...let alone a phone call
....last time I did talk to him, he said that he was waiting on some parts from a supplier....
but.....
.....I would just like to hear from him...just to be kept informed
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
I remember it took about 10 days for me to recieve my system, However there were no supply issues with my system. I ordered it back in Feb. so I think demand might have been a little low then. I have had nothing but great service from these guys they really are on top of everything. It would take a day or two to get emails back sometimes but that did not bother me. I was very impressed by the way that they system was laid out with all the wiring necessary and everything is labled perfectly/ I mean a monkey could install this system. The only part that I found hard was the through hull connection. I would suggest to anyone that does not feel comfortable with drilling and sealing a though hull to just have your dealer do it. They won't change that much and you can be garunteed that it will work fine. I did mine myself and everying worked great. I got a little over zealous with the 5200 and it does not look "clean" but I will say this the boat floats and there is not a drop of water leaking.

I will post some pics in about 2 weeks. I know it is a while but when I went to the lake house this weekend I forgot the camera so I could not take pics. I will be backl there in 2 weeks so I will take pics then.

Install time:
Honestly it took me about a total of 6-8 hours to install the system. Now just to clarify I took my time a did not rush the install. I had to make multiple trips to west maring and home depot so that did not helps with the time frame. Also I wanted to make sure that it was as hidden as possible. I tested mant different plumbing routs and wiring routs until I found the best one. Also it was just me intalling and pullin clable a hose. I would suggest having an extra set of hands to help if someone is willing. That 6-8 hours was spread over about 10 days. Constant rain delays and work got in the way.

Please feel free to ask anymore questions.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
good post Preston

when I have dealt with those guys, they have been very helpful and great to deal with

I have heard great things about the system and look forward to getting it

I haven't gotten the boat yet....probably this weekend...but for sure before next

I'm just trying to coordinate everything....and get the fittings I need before I need them

if you guys from Make-A-Wake read this, please get with me to let me know the status of my order
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
I also wanted to add one change I made to the system.

As everone knows who has dealt with ballast puppy pumps the threaded outlet is 1/2" and the outer diameter is 1" hose barb. The system comes with 1/2" threaded hose barbs attached to the pumps. I took off the barbs and just clamped 1" hose sirectly to the pumps. I just feel that it would be less strain on the pump as far as pressure goes.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Daniel just called me!
sounds like his supplier slowed him down a bit, but things are good to go now!

I know what it's like to be busy busy, and have supplier issues

overall....a great guy to deal with
and I look forward to using the system !!!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
Daniel
got my system today
thanks
looks great
looks like install will be easy and straight forward

now I just need the boat...check out profile pic

Preston, did you lay the system flat on the floor, or mount it vertically on a "wall"?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-16-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
Cliff,
I mounted the system flat on the floor. I did this for two reasons:
1. I was worried about the check valvue working properly. I know it should not matter that much but I just wanted to be sure.

2. I looked at mounting on wall locations and they just seemed to get in the way as opposed to under a seat.

I found some great hose at West Marine that will make 180 degree turns and not collapse. I will post some pics on Sunday night of the install.

Also saw the new boat cliff looks great you should be super stoked!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
I am Preston
I hope I can wait the break-in period without going wack-o
can't wait to do the install....I look forward to the pics
thanks
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
I would love to see some pics of your install. I am thinking about this system for next year. I found place to buy the pumps for $250 each, but want to see if it is worth the extra $$$ to have built for me or just do it myself.

What is the advantage / disadvantage of transom intake vs the hull bottom intake? Hull bottom you can fill while on the move vs the transom but what else are the pro's and con's?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-16-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Just a waringing to all of you perfectionists out there. I got a little crazy with the 5200 on my first go around and it is a little messy but I will say this: The boat floats and no leakage.

(Message edited by phall925 on May 16, 2007)
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-17-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Cliff your boat pics look great, glad to hear all arived well.
Coach, i will be gladd to help you out with the system. If you price the system as a whole wire switchs d blocks,, etc... The Make-A-Wake is less expensive and is already built for you to simply install.
Preston good to hear all is well.I need to add that in the instructions about using 3/4" or 1" hose.
Thanks
Daniel
Make-A-Wake.com
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-17-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
Cliff, did you not get any ballast in your new boat or are you just adding more on top of it?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
Patrick
I did get the full MLS system

front, center and rear tanks

I was told that a 750 fat sac in each locker
would allow me to surf either side

from the looks of this system....we will be full of ballast and ready to surf... before I will even be able to choose which playlist on the ipod I wanna surf to.....

boat gets to the dealer in the morning

might be in it, on the water, Saturday night!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
oh!

thanks Daniel
I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box .....the quality of the wiring, connectors, switches, and the system over-all
is top notch!

other sytems that I have seen or used on previous boats, aren't as high end, and certainly weren't nearly as plug-n-play as this one

great job

thanks.....I know I bugged you enough on the phone...ha!....sorry

thanks again

I will post pics sometime in the future
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-20-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Sounds Great Cliff
No problem, that is what we are here for, Let me know If you have any questions
Daniel
Make-A-Wake.com