Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       10-23-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
What is the difference between the 2010 Ronix Relik and the Cell boots? Looking at purchasing a pair, now that they are on clearence, but can't decide. How do they ride? Currently I have the 09' Liquid Force Sovens and I like them but just looking for a new boot to put on my other board.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-23-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Completely different bindings. Reliks are really soft and pokey, Cells are high cut and stiff. Both give good ankle support, Cells obviously more so. I would say the Reliks are a little softer than the '10 Sovens I have tried, and the Cell's will be a heck of a lot stiffer. Both boots are great, just different riding styles.
Old    cougar4            10-23-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
I ride the Cell's and have also been in the Soven's and they are a completely different boot. As said above they are a very stiff boot with a ton of ankle support. They are the best boot I've ever ridden and once broke in they are so comfy and really form to your foot and you don't really notice how stiff they are. I've also used the Relik's and thought they were ok but just not enough support. I'll be on my 3rd pair of Cell's once my 2011's arrive next week.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-24-2010, 3:08 AM Reply   
Same: I ride the Cells and they're the best boot I've ever ridden! But they are for people who like a lot of ankle support.
I've ridden the 2010 Sovens and they're way softer! Out of the two you'd probably prefer the Reliks, which are still awesome, just lower cut and more flexy.
Have you looked at the Frank boot? They might be more what you're after.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-24-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
You're looking at about the most polar difference in boots possible. The Reliks are a low cut boot made for lots of maneuverability, the Cells are a higher backed boot with a much more rigid liner and shell. I ride the Cell and they're my favorite binding thus far, super supportive with more than enough flex to poke tailgrabs and stalefish grabs. My vote goes for the Cell if you really want a more locked in binding. If you had in mind a more flexy to middle of the road boot, I'd agree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and probably get the Relik boots. Franks could also be a good answer to your boot dilemma as they're definitely a middle-density boot as said above.