Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old    thebiggmann            06-18-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
So I bought a 650# launch pad sac and I was wondering if I could rig it to fill with an attwood 1200 gph tsunami pump instead of paying for the fly high pump, cuz that thing is 100 frickin' bucks and the attwood is like 35. ANyone done anything like this before?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
I used two Tsunami pumps, one for filling one for emptying and it works great.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
you can use it. you just have to get the blue fitting.
Old    thebiggmann            06-18-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Where do I get that? Just any place that sells marine equipment?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
are the blue fittings prone to leaking?

I have a 1200lb launch pad sofa, and I am in the process of setting up the ballast system now.

I attached the waterbed fittings but they dont seem to get tight enough. They tighten up, then if you keep tightening then loosen then get tighter again.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
tyler

http://www.slsports.com/launchpads/lpl/index.html

they leak sometimes when you're filling and emptying but you're on a boat so waters kind of expected. once the caps are on ours dont leak
Old    thebiggmann            06-18-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
SO is there a kit or something that I need? cuz that vid makes it look like it. Or will just this work, and then pick up some hose from a hardware store. http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_8LsnE
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
u should be able to pick up that blue piece at any boat shop that sells launchpad sacs.
Old    thebiggmann            06-18-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I live in Northern Wisconsin, don't know how much luck I'll have with that lol. I can try though.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
pm me and i'll shoot you one. we have them layin around everywhere.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
walmart sells them cheap too
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-18-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
I glued in the blue fittings on my system. Never could get them tight an didnt' want water going everywhere out the drain ports. Been working well for 3 yrs.
Old    thebiggmann            06-18-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Romes, thanks man, pm sent
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
what kind of glue did you use?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-18-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Just some marine sealant. Any waterproof stuff should work. you don't need 5200 or anything like that.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
what about silicone?
Old    thebiggmann            06-19-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hey you guys know that it's not fly high's tsunami pump right? It's a generic Attwood pump, also called a tsunami. I think the Fly High one is modeled after it though, so it should work.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-19-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
I think most of the ballast companies sell check valves that connect to the fill holes to stop water from leaking out when disconnecting the pumps. I have them for my Fly High sacs and they work OK.
Old    thebiggmann            06-23-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
If the sac I bought is sposed to be a 650 pounder, it should say it can carry up to that much weight on the warning right? Cuz I'm thinking they sent me the wrong one. This one says up to 440 pounds and they have a 440 pound sac listed on their store too.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-23-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
Okay, $35 seemed better than $99 for the pumps. I went to Walmart and they have the pumps for $35 okay, but the electrical connection is bare wire for mounting as a fixed bilge system wired directly to the battery. I like the cigarette lighter plan. Did you wire yours directly to the battery, or just pick up a cigarette lighter plug and splice it together. Thanks for the help.
Old    thebiggmann            06-24-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
I'll probably just throw same alligator clips on it and connect it to the battery when I pump it up, it's easy enough to do. I'm actually getting my pump today, so we'll see how it goes. This whole thing has been a fiasco. First the guy sends me a 440 instead of a 650#, so that's going back. Then the place i ordered the pump from ordered me a 1250gph bilge pump instead of an aerator pump, so I would have no way to pump the water out, that had to go back, new one is coming today. So now I sit here, trying to get the motivation to go out and box up that stupid sac, send it back, and order a new one. Probably not off of eBay this time... But yeah, I'll post back later once I go pick up the pump and set it all up.

/end rant