Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (zjs)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-07-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
Anyone riding it? How did it hold up for everyone on it?
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-07-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
I put that board through hell and back still holding up has some spider cracks in it but what board doesn't after awhile being on sliders and landing hard on tricks. But its holding up great I'm going to get the ibex so I believe Ronix is the $hi* and I'm sticking with them
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-07-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
I have the One and I love it. It took about 3-4 rides before getting comfortable on it because of the crazy rocker it has. It held up fine and I rode hard all summer long. Ronix is badass, anything of theirs is the SHI^
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-07-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Mine is doing well. The chrome Ronix piece between the boots came unglued but no biggy.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-07-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
no prob with mine. i heard they had problems with the spider cracks but mine didnt show any. the rocker is crazy. i love it.
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-07-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I have one maybe ridden a handful of times that I'm selling. I wasn't a huge fan, but I have to agree with the rocker. Great pop! Went back to the transcend.

Let me know if your interested.
Old     (zjs)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-08-2007, 5:09 AM Reply   
Chris, thanks for the offer. I picked up a brand new 142 the other day. I have demo'd and like it, just waiting for it to come in. the on thing I never asked was how durable it was throughout the year. I'm too old to be out doing flips and sh!*, just grabs and spins, so not too worried about stress cracks. Appreciate the input guys.
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-08-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
the tail of mine came delaminated from water friction im guessing. sent back, they repaired it, but didnt color match it so it looked like a skid mark on white undies. they offered to replace w/ 08 since they were all out of 07 at the time.

I rode it for a few more months and took a doosey of a fall, had the right boot rip out of the inserts. might have been bad screws, but none the less it could have been a bad situation. luckily i didnt get hurt.

it also spider cracked around the inserts, but not that bad. i sent it back again to be replaced with an 08 now that they're out. hopefully i'll get it back soon. i've been riding a demo "one" in the mean time.

all in all its been a good board, just a few quirks. any more misshaps and i'll be in the market for a different ride.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-08-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Im on the all 08 ONE set up and let me tell you, any kinks in the first board, they fixed,.

the whole set-up is cleaner, and believe it or not, lighter.

the bindings are INSANE this year, they have so much better hold than last years bindings, its crazy, and they are the most comfy bindings ive ever slipped into.

A+ for sure
Old     (zjs)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-11-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
got it today, riding it tomorrow!
Old     (wakefirst)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-13-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Been riding it most of the summer, it's nearly perfect. For me it has just a little too much of an aggressive edge. I like the pop that it provides, but I'd rather ride the IBEX, it's a little looser to me.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-14-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Jeff- make it into a belt buckle, or a neclace, thatd be sick.

I've been ridig hard too and it hasn't a scratch.
I want the dhv1, crazy lite, and doesnt feel like itll break like that hype sub6.

caleb congrats on 2nd in skate.
Old     (zjs)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-14-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Rode yesterday, 1st time on it, felt good. Winds were blowing about 15-20 though, so not the best day. Stronger winds today never even went out, so who knows when they will let up so I can have some fun.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
Good luck, I liked the One when I rode it a couple of times - nice solid pop and very easy free rider/melow turn style.