Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                01-01-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Hey People,
Ive been trying ts frontrolls for awhile and can get height and 90% of the rotation but never seem to be able to rotate fast enough and need help!

Ive tried cutting in like mad and squaring off a little, also cutting in and flattening to get a better trip - usually less height.. Tried tucking for ages, usually land really tucked on my @rs.. not cool.

Q. Do ya throw it much off the wake or is it just position that gets the rotation?

Q. what is your axis like in the air? mine is more of a standard front flip rotation. should i try and get more of an axis so im looking at the boat morE?
Cheers.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-01-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
both hands on the handle through the rotation, up until like 3/4? usually when mine are sloppy, thats why. also its a good habit for scarecrows later. if not, try to explain what happens most often
Old                01-01-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
I try to do that, I'll concentrate on it more next ride.
cheers.
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-01-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
i had the same problem forever, once i cut with my shoulders rolled back a little i hit them when i trip and my shoulders are back, i land on my feet if as i trip, my shoulders are forward over my board, i land on my butt i know it doesnt make sense but its worked
Old                01-01-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
hehe, yeah you lost me with that description.. stand tall at the wake and throw your body around ie trampoline style after you have popped?
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-02-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
What Tim means is that when he's riding up the wake, his hips are out in front, with his shoulders just behind. When you come off the wake, you can toss your shoulders forward to help the rotation. I think thats what he was saying. It's kind of like winding up before you'd spin on a trampoline or something, you counter rotate, then when you are in the air you toss it around in the other direction. Similar concept. It will also help you pop more up than out. Hopefully that doesn't confuse you more
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2007, 3:47 AM Reply   
edge hard,stand up almost strait rite before the wake,wait for the pop,duck your head strait down,as i rotate, I let go with the back hand. The peeps I've seen under rotating front rolls were throwing the trick off the wake instead of waiting for the pop.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-03-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
I'm going to have to disagree with letting go with your backhand. It will only cause problems later. If you hold on with 2 hands, then let go when you are at the 3/4 mark and snap the handle to your front hip, it will help pull your feet under you and point you away from the wake, so you can edge away on landing. To go for a scarecrow, let go with your front hand at the 3/4 mark and pull it across your body like a normal 180.
Old                01-17-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
nailed it last night.. sweet..
i think the trick was just hitting standing tall rather than bent over. hit it tall and tuck forward after the pop. Also trying it early in the set so i still had some strength to hold the rope in.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-18-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Congrats!!