Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-17-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I have been using an '03 Byerly for awhile now and am looking to get something new next spring. I have narrowed it down to either a new byerly, or the new watson or substance. I have heard from some of the reviews that the new Watson is pretty fast and that is making me a little nervous. How do these three boards compare? I know the new byerly gets no love on this site, but what I really need is something that rides similar to my '03 byerly. I bought a fish last spring and rode it for two months, but was never able to really get it dialed in as an everyday wakeboard, so switched back to the Byerly. Also, I know CWB is huge on the site, but I have no access to a local CWB dealer and would like to support the local shops!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ryan- Up until this year i had an 03 Byerly 137, and i bought an 05 Byerly 142 at the beginning of the summer. The two boards ride nothing alike, the newest Byerly shape is faster than the old one, i prefer the old shape but i needed a new board. Good luck finding one you like, but if you want the same as the 03 dont look at the new Byerly.
~Tyler~
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-17-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
tyler, i think you mean the older byerly is faster. i really felt the difference. the new flow-thru really bogs the board down. but riding finless is effortles...
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Nope I meant what i said... but to each his own i guess
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-17-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
I find the substance is a similar ride to the byerly but is more forgiving and a tad more loose, I am interested to see how the new watson rides, so I can't count out that board... I know nothing about the new byerly but the substance (for me) is a more consistent pop, same kind of landings in the flats, and it releases realll well from the wake for spins
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       10-17-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Ryan- I just happened to catch your post. We, along with WakeWater Sports, are planning on carrying CWB for next year. So, if there's something with CWB you might be interested in, that will be available as well. I haven't had a chance to ride the new Watson or Shane models, so sorry I can't help you there. By the way, thanks for supporting the local guys- we really appreciate it!

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-29-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
byerly 100%. i've never ridden a better board. the tracking is amazing. its somewhat fast, but has nice consistent landings. hit that bad boy up
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
3DS, check out Chad Sharp & JD Web riding it in HL new vid "Copy This"
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-29-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
you mean "counterfeit this?" im sure chad and JD would ride any board pretty damn well.

id wait for the watson. i was with one of the local LF riders when he rode it for the first time and he really had a lot of fun on it. look to be a tad slower than the substance with a bit more vertical pop.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-29-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Ryan,if you want a similar ride yet 10x better....Substance!

I rode a 03 Byerly and now on a Substance.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-29-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
Watson board for sure