Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-25-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
So this is really silly and it shouldn't be that hard of a trick for me, but I can not seem to initiate a frontroll or scarecrow. I tried some several years ago and was close but haven't tried any since.

So now this year I throw TS r2r's, TS 3's, etc and want to learn the crow. Lately I have tried a few but ended up completely disoriented leaving the wake and think I may have flipped BACKWARDS a couple of times...awesome I know. I come in with a tall position and hard edge, but when I let off my edge in the trough, it's like I rock back on my heels too much riding up the wake and I flip backwards like a TS backroll.

What should I be looking at in the trough or riding up the wake? Would not coming off edge help this problem or will it cause me to whip it too much out the back.

I know this sounds like a weird problem and it is! Talk about a confidence killer when you want to try a FORWARD flipping invert and don't know if you will end of flipping forward or backwards.