Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    clint_h            05-06-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have a serious problem with a lack of tunes originating from my tower! I have gone through extreme mental anguish trying to decide which way to go, how to power it, and the cash to get there. Is the premium between the Boss B60s and B530s worth the extra $450? How big of an amp do you need for each the 60s and 530s? Can you get more bang for the buck for the Deafcon speakers? The Deafcon III's look interesting but not as sweet as the Boss setups. I really don't have to be the guy you can hear across the lake, but I would like to be able to hear the music from the end of the rope!

Any suggestions where to purchase speakers and amps? - Retail prices suck!
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
Clint,
I ended up finding the best prices i could on the net and then called up the car audio manager at my local GoodGuys. I told him what i wanted to pay(the cheapest price i found) and then he said he would get back to me. He called me up I went down there and got everything i wanted at the prices I wanted and I still had the warranties(ebay stuff doesn't come with warranty most of the time)plus any questions i had about install they are there. Is it the absolute cheapest way, well No, but you get what you pay for.As far as tower speakers go the Bosses and the def's kick ass, personally I like the def's cause they aren't as much but you still get the same sound quality. I don't know if you like the look but the wetboxes kick ass for the price. Saw 2 over spring break and I'm gonna order mine soon. Buying good quality speakers that can handle mucho power is the best bet on a tower( I'm sure everyone will agree)Run at least 75watts to each and they will get loud enough to hear at 75' back. I ran JL amps in my boat but they are not the cheapest. Sounds like most of the guys here are going to kicker for a cost/pwr factor( went with the JL's cause they kick ass for there size and I have 5 of them in my boat, 5 amps takes up a lot of space up!!!).If you wanna use ebay current JL prices are as follows:
1000/1 645ish
500/5 400ish
500/1 340ish
450/4 425ish
300/4 320ish
300/2 300ish
250/1 250ish
All brand new

Hope it helps- Good Luck

(Message edited by sae4life on May 06, 2003)
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
I'll have pictures of a ptototype I am working on by the end of the month. It is made of the same aluminum as the Boss cans and it holds 4 6x9's and has optional lights mounted on it. My goal is good sound at the end of the rope at a good price. Stay tuned, I'll post pictures as soon as I have em'.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-21-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
I have heard (literally) and also heard nothing but good things about the Fluid Concepts "Rock Stars"
At our shop we have a SSV set up with 4 that sounds awsome. I am currently setting up my SSV with 6 on the tower. For the style and sound I haven't seen anything better.

ssv tower front.jpg