Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
We ran our new MXZ this weekend on the delta. Those that were out there know that it was probably one of the best weekends of the year! 90 degrees, glass all day, just perfect. And it’s only April!

The MXZ wake is right in between the VLX and LSV wakes as mentioned here by a few others. The MXZ and LSV wakes are very similar in size, with a slight difference is shape. The MXZ is a little steeper at the top of the wake in the last few inches. It gives you a little extra lip and a noticeable extra snap. It’s become my favorite. The MXZ wake also seems to be a little wider, which I'm a fan of. If you were blind folded, I think you'd have a hard time telling the difference between the current XStar and MXZ wakes. The MXZ also seems to need less weight to accomplish a massive wake. Also, we welcomed rollers into the bow of the boat to see how it would handle dipping the nose, and it never happened once. Even with a sack in the nose, and no extra ballast in the rear.

The boat is very user friendly with the weight also. From the first pull, the wake was dialed with randomly scattered ballast. We added a little extra weight and never had to mess with it again. We added some sacks to the rear on day 1. The second day out, (Sunday) we passed on the sacks and instead just used the wedge. The wake was nearly identical with no sacks in the rear (Wedge only), plus stock ballast, and a sack in the nose. Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-23-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
sik as always. Sat was redik. Wish the entire year @ vics is just like it was on sat - CIE MXZ, the whilte VLX, and my 210.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
yup no doubt! awesome day.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-23-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Hell ya J Rod... Looks great!
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-23-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Ballin guys. This thread makes me wanna ride
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       04-23-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
nice boat. where are the pics of the audio install?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-23-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
damn that tower
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-23-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
sweet looking boat for sure. how is the head room with the rev410?
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-23-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
I find people like you inconsiderate. Cuz if I bring my own rope, it ends up coming back frayed and worn due to your 120 Db stereo.... Haha
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-23-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
I saw the boat at UP and the tower setup looks sick, I especially like the the red painted parts on the front.

I also have to say the dirty was prime Saturday, it was glass everywhere.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Looks great, that tower setup is insanity.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
I've heard good things about that wake too! Looks great!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-23-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
I feel for your rear seat passengers, 8 REV 10's?!?!? Holy crap that must be L O U D ! and btw, nice looking MXZ!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-23-2012, 10:40 PM Reply   
Wake looks sick....want to see more of the boat itself. Big fan of the red and black. Congrats.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-24-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
holy wetsounds...