Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mveen)      Join Date: May 2010       05-20-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
We boat on Cedar Lake in NW Indiana. My son just got a job which requires some weekend work and my daughter doesn't really care for boating.

I'm looking for Wakeboarders, and/or spotters. I can go during the week after 4pm or the weekends from 6am-11 or 12 (it gets too busy after noon so it's not worth staying). We normally start at 8am but I wouldn't mind going earlier just hard to get the family moving before then. You just need to bring some gas money if your boarding.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-20-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
Wow...not everday you see someone from NWI on here. Your name sounds familiar for some reason though...hmmm

I used to live on Cedar Lake, and you're right, it gets to be a madhouse out there later in the day. There's about a dozen of us who live in Lakes of the Four Seasons and we all mostly ride out there because the conditions are better.

I know a few people who ride regularily on Cedar Lake and I can pass along your email address to them if they are ever looking for a third or to get out on someone elses boat.

Anyway, hit me up with your email address and I'll pass it along. Maybe try and get you a pull out by us where you can get some flat water. nawresources@yahoo.com
Old     (mveen)      Join Date: May 2010       05-21-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Thanks, I'm usually up for boarding anytime so let me know. Here's my e-mail mveen@sbcglobal.net.

I'm not usually good about checking my e-mail on the weekend but always check it during the week.
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
I live in munster and would be down to ride during the week sometime.I usually go board about 2hrs from here in Angola so getting some local riding in would be awesome.
Old     (mveen)      Join Date: May 2010       05-21-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
Hey Steve, we're going this weekend if your interested. The water was 62 on Thursday so hopefully 65 tomorrow. I live about 5 minutes from Cedar Lake so we can meet at Pinecrest or my house (to save the $10 parking fee). It's probably going to be busier this weekend since it's warmer so I'd like to go early. If you have anyone else who wants to go we should have plenty of room.

Let me know

Mark
mveen@sbcglobal.net
Old    ScottRobinson            05-20-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hey I live in Central Indiana and have EPIC 23V 2011 coming. I go to Misasinawa lake.
Old     (mveen)      Join Date: May 2010       05-21-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Scott, congratulations on the new boat. Shoot me an e-mail if your interested in coming this way. I'd be definitely be interested in hitting a different lake. Especially, if I don't have to drag the boat for 2 hours.

Mark
mveen@sbcglobal.net
Old    ScottRobinson            05-21-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Yeah Mark, anytime! If you are ever heading down towards Indy hit me up, you can get a set off the back of the EPIC and not have to drag yours down. I will keep a beverage cold for you. (depending on how old you are, ha)
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
thanks for the offer im actually heading up to my lake place today ill probably be there through thursday. I will shoot you an email when i get back in town I would love to go riding during the week sometime.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Mark,
If you are interested, on the weekends, I ride in LaPorte, In (not too far away, probably 40 minutes) on Pine Lake. We have a place right on the lake so we keep our boat on a lift right outside the door. We can always use an extra rider, and we have room if you wanted to bring your XStar out. My email is balich34@aol.com