Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-01-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I have an 02 sanger v210 with the MDC gauges. This winter, i cleaned up the electrical connections and somehow the hour meter reset. Does anybody know how to get the hours back? The boat had about 350 when I put it away. Turning the key on will not do it!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
You could just drive the boat for 150 hours each for the next two seasons and then have a low hour boat.

OK, not a helpful comment but you'd have fun for the next two years.

Last edited by rallyart; 03-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
Just curious, what kind of gauge issues were you having and were you able to solve any problems. I have the same year and I've been battling gauge issues for a while. Sorry, I have no solutions to your hour meter other then the fact you can hook a scanner up to the CPU to get the hour read.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-02-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
I replaced the fuel sender, installed pp which meant I taped into that tach wire, replaced the battery and added another with a battery switch, and just cleaned most of the electrical connections so it could have been a few things! This link might help with your gauges! It helped me with a few issues.

http://www.epicmarine.com/docs/MDCtrouble.PDF

Haha I would love to run the hours up on this boat! Unfortunately I got a new a22 and I dont think buyers will believe this thing only has 7 hours!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-06-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
Has anybody plugged in a scan tool to see what the ECM is showing for hours? Is it a stand alone hour meter or is it in the speedo?
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-07-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
No I haven't had anybody plug into it yet. It is a part of the tach. I keep pretty good records on the hours so I know what it should be! I was just hoping somebody on here understood how these gauges worked and could tell me where to jumper to get it counting!
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Victor, curious what was your issue with the fuel sender? My guage only goes to 3/4 tank when full and jumps all over the place. Did replacing fix your issue and did you replace the guage too? Do you have the part number for the sender?
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-07-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
No, I just replaced the sender. It showed empty all the time. The easiest way to test the gauge is to short across the + and - terminals on the sender. If the gauge doesnt go to full (takes a minute) then the sender is bad. I don't have the number but it's a pretty universal part. Any boat shop should have it!