Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-15-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
I think for symbolic reasons I kept a lot of the boards I broke. I'm moving soon and can't decide if I should trash them or keep them. I could make some benches?Upload
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
i keep mine. ive got a stack leaning up against my wall. its funny how you can see my boards getting progressively shorter as you go from oldest to newest.

i think most people dont keep their old boards because they warranty them. i slide my boards and beat the hell out of them so thats not an option.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-15-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
cwb warrantys all mine and they dont ask for the old ones back,just pictures of the damamge and of the board bottom to make sure it hasnt been slid or abused.

I have three absolute plattinums and two transcend platinums here..

im not sure how good of a bench they will make as you might get fiber splinters in your arse :-)
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-15-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
damn Ben you must throw down!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-15-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I hear you on keeping or trashing them.

I have like 19 busted wakeboards in my garage and a few busted skates. I think they tell a sroty so I keep them around.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Note to Self:

never buy an O'brien Natural or LF shane.

I've only kept busted ones if they are DESTROYED. but a minor break, nah.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Not the ones that are broken, broken, but boards that are broken down (soft) Alex gives away to local kids that can't afford a board. Seems like a good way to recycle them.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-15-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
i have started to keep mine. last year hyperlite stopped requiring me to send em back. just have to take a picture of the damage and a pic of a hole drilled through the warning logo
Old     (jsquared)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-16-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Just to bring something to attention:

There are no hyperlite boards in the picture!

Go H.O
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-16-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
yeah...they do tell a story. The Shane with the spy sticker gave me the hardest face plant I've ever had. All I did was a raley and ate S*!t when I landed. I was wondering why I crashed on a raley...next time around I realized it was broken.

My gf insist that I get rid of them...I'm thinking about putting her on ebay
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-16-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Alright, lets think about this all you LF and O'brien Bashers. All the boards appear to be broken in the same spot, under the front foot (with the exception on the white shane). Any one who snaps boards on a regular basis knows that this means some is going big and coming down Front foot heavey, super heavey. Doesnt matter what kind of board it is, if you land like that it will snap.

FYI, last summer a good buddy of mine asked me to snap his HL, i snapped it in two wake hits, doenst matter what king of board it is they all break if you land wrong or hard. And Yeah that includes Slingshots, Where you at Iron Jay! I know you busted a sling shot.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-16-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
good analysis Andy. 5 out of the 7 were broke landing tail heavy when I was learning switch roll to blinds. All of them had been on rails too, which makes them weaker.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       02-16-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
I agree with Andy, not because I ride Obrien gear but with his analysis of why boards are breaking. First off, all boards break so it's not an issue of brand. And if you keep breaking the board in the same spot, 9 out of 10 times it's probably your technique.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-16-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
I think there are more broken boards in that picture than Slingshot/Company has had returned broken, EVER.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-16-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Here's two broken Slingshots. and a few hypes and a PS3. We hang em on the wall in our house, every one tells a story.

Upload
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-16-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
My Roam is going to be mounted on my wall as soon as I figure out how to mount them base up like Josh^^^^

I blew out the inserts within 10 runs... :-(
Upload

(Josh how did you mount your boards? Thanks)
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-16-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
I only keep the boards that have meaning to me. Boards that were used in certain photo's or video shoots or things like that. Like everyone else I love the story they tell and some day I will display them on the walls of my house.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
never burn a wakeboard...they smell really bad. I burned a few and chopped them up with a axe which was pretty fun. haha
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
I could help you guys out with some frames. You cut the break out of them. Works great. I build the frames you drill and mount the board. They are actually really comfy.

Al
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-17-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
I don't break wakeboards.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-17-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Al, how much for your frames?
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
Yeah how much thats awsome.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
80 bucks shipped. That comes with everything you need but the board. Even comes with directions on where to cut the board, and where to drill the holes.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Does it come with a CIE sticker
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
sure does!!!! How many you want?