Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-30-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Can't make up my mind on this one. How much do you guys that have em, use/like em?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-30-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
great, well worth the money
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-30-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Totally worth it. You just have to have it to understand.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-30-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
It's definitely nice to have, but be careful where you place it because if it's in the wrong place, you'll be switching songs and turning up the volume every time you put on your bindings.

Also, you should check out http://www.h2owaves.com/ for a very cool marine remote product. I didn't understand how this works the first time I looked at it, but now I do and it seems like a great product. It uses radio frequencies for the remote, so you could hook up a transom remote without having to run a wire to the back of your boat. You can also get the remote in a floating waterproof key fob that you can hang on your wrist or vest while you ride and control the music while you're wakeboarding. I think this would also be cool for controlling your music from shore when you're using your boat stereo.

I haven't tried the product yet, but we're going to do a review soon because if it works the way it's advertised, I think it will make a lot of wakeboarders happy.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
Thats a great idea, as long as its not too bulky to have with you while riding. I'm tired of doing the 'next song' or 'turn up the volume' hand signal to the spotter
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
I have a I-Rock from h2owaves and it works very well. I have not tired to use it while riding yet but it does have about 100' range
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-30-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Do you have the key fob or the round remote? I can't wait to try it.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
The Key FOB. I am running a wired remote with it as well that is right next to me at the drivers helm. The remote is for when I am on the beach or floating in the water
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-30-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Every rider has their mp3 cd in the 10 disc changer they just flip to their disc and choose their song or playlist as they're strappin in. NO more "hey go to that cd and this song" now the riders choose what they want. Plus when ur just hangin and swimming off the back u dont have to go all the way in the boat and get it all soaked to change songs. I love it but it does quite often get bumped.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
The transom remote (wired) gets used by riders and swimmers regularly, a good investment. I had it recessed flush to eliminate / minimize the bumping deal (and it looks very clean also). Because of the location of the headunit I added a second remote for the observer to keep the rider endlessly satisfied ???? when I am towing.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-30-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
After contemplating it for more than a year I finally put one at adjacent to the back seat so we can control it from the passenger compartment. I am very happy with my choice.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-30-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
I've got remotes on the transom and on the dash in our Malibu, but I think the key fob will be a very cool addition since it can be used by any passenger in any location unless the rider takes it out with him/her. The i.Rock unit is just added as a third remote and I believe you can add even more than that.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
I use mine all the time, I even put one in the bow. That way you can adjust the volume when needed.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-31-2007, 4:27 AM Reply   
I have looked at the http://www.h2owaves.com/ and sent them an Email asking question - no reply.

I want to get the steering wheel mounted remote but am not sure how it would fit/look on a malibu.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-31-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
For all who are interested we carry the h2owaves product at Liquid Trends, feel free to call us for pricing or help answering any questions. We have been testing them for about a month with good reviews so far, we have not had a chance to get on the water with one yet (too cold IMO).

408-434-6011
Old     (jleger98)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-31-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
So you have to put a hole in your transom to mount these? Their site isnt very clear on that.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-31-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
What a great alternative to wired remotes. Will work well on the larger boat when I have a group of stereo misfits on board.

Would love hear how the steering wheel mounts fits. Any pictures??
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-31-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
No pictures of the remote installed, but I have found that they fit very well on the majority of wheels used on boats. The center hole in the hubs are all very close in size +/- 1/32, the hub remote has tabs that can be trimmed away for the smaller diameters.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-31-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
I should have one in the next few days, so I'll put it in my steering wheel and take a pic for y'all.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
I just ordered the h2o waves keyfob and receiver... I have a sony dash mounted remote and the same one on the transom... did not work with a cd changer... so just a single indash player... but i have been through 2 already... wrecked from the water... so i will try the h2o waves one next!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Joel, they (h2owaves) are wireless, no holes to drill. The reciever is $69 and the remotes are $70 or $80 depending on which one.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
Here you go, this looks like a great product.
Upload
Old     (jleger98)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-01-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
Right, what I mean, is in order to mount the remote on the transom do you have to drill a hole? How does it attach? I would be sweet to have both the keyfob and the remote on the transom, but I want to know how it mounts. anyone have one they can send pics of?
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-02-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
guys ever check out onlinecarstereo.com they sell marine audio including the remotes, speakers, amps, head units and all that . I have bought many car audio things from them and have been very happy. Im going to buy some marine stuff soon from them
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-02-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
the h20 waves products look pretty sweet. i only wish they would make the receiver portion an IR learning remote. that would basiclly eliminate compatability issues and you could use it with any head unit that had an ir remote. i currently use the pac audio infra red extender kit and it works well. RF would be WAY sweet though and having control outside the boat IN the water would be terrific. it just sucks that it does have a fairly limited compatability with just marine head units. also, i wonder if you lose your changer in order to connect. in my case i believe the only way i could get this to work in my setup is if i gave up my ipod input.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
any more news on this? any reviews?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-08-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I got mine, but I probably won't get out on that water for at least another week. I'll keep you posted.
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-08-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
For those of you out there that have Sony head units. Here's what I'm putting in soon. I'd like to know if anybody knows how long the cable is that comes with this remote control.

Sony RM-X55M Marine Commander/Unilink
http://www.xplodsony.com/marine/accessories/RM-X55M