Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (rex789)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Do the Ronix Mana and Hyperlite Murray ride alike? I noticed they both have a Continuous Hybrid Rocker...

I ride a 2007 Murray 133 and the board rides really slow, but It's the greatest board I've ever owned. I really love how much pop it has. I've never rode a hybrid rocker before so I don't know how it rides compared to the previous continuous rocker that I'm used to. How does the Mana pop compared to the Murray?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-18-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
The Mana is a sweet board. I have not ridden a Murray, but the Mana is not really fast or slow... hard to give an accurate speed assessment, depends on what you are used to I guess. The pop is incredible, predictable, and it lands pretty soft for a non-flex board. Take off the center fins and enjoy.
Old    sealyon.net            09-19-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
The Murray is a great board and you can butterslide it all day long. The Mana is also a great board but is a little tighter and might catch edge on a butter slide.
It all depends on your riding style. If you can demo I would. Hope this helps.
Oh yeah the 08 & 09 Murray has lots of speed.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
I ride the mana even though it is a little grippy, but I was used to a liquid force trip with the two back fins beaten to a pulp from the cable park. The mana is definitely not as fast as the trip but faster than alot of other boards ive tried such as the omega, ps3, and especially the marius.
Old     (rex789)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Cool, thanx for the comments. How does the hybrid rocker ride and pop compared the the original continuous rocker?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-19-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
the MANA is a hybrid 3 stage I believe... isn't the murray a big continuous? I wouldn't call the mana fast by any means. I think its a good deal slower than my old substance... not to say thats bad, I like it and its a got more grip with the cupped edges on the tip and tail but it still has a real good release... I don't surface tricks or butter slide much, prolly would be sketchy for that
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-19-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Doug...the 08 Murray is so different than previous Murray boards. Ride it. I love mine. I rode the mana...its ok..minds me of the old 3DS board. The new Murray will be a whole new ball game..but it is loads of fun. No other design on the market compares to this shape...on the bottom..it is cupped in the tip and tail.. So are the edges of the board..cupped in the very end. the diamond shape in the middle gives it a flat spot....like a three stage..making it easy to butterslide..all day long. I have progressed the most on this shape than any other in the past 12 years of riding. I highly reccommend giving it a go.
Old    sealyon.net            09-20-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
The new Murray is also a hybrid, it has a 3 stage middle, and is continuous on the outside's. Like Scott said you got to ride it.
Old     (rex789)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Alright cool, Sounds like i definitely have to ride both boards. I used to have a 3DS and I couldn't even use it because it was so damn heavy. The murray is an amazing line, it's the only board I ride and progress on.