Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
First of all I want to give my opinion and experiance I have had with both speaker companies.
Backround
I had a 2005 centurion enzo that we put 4 pro 60's on. The sound was amazing. Crystal clear.
We bought a 2008 centurion enzo and got 4 dbots on the tower. 2 8's and 2 6's. I have to say I wasnt happy with them at all. I couldnt hear them when i was riding or atleast not like the wetsounds. They were installed by the same person.
I was tired of it so I just sold the dbots and have some wetsounds on order.

heres the set up:
4 Pro 80's
1 Pro 485
Wetsounds Remote Knob thingy (I forgot the part number)

Anyways that is my unbiased opinion that hopefully helps some of you when choosing a speaker company.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-12-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I was considering the DBots but wound up with Hollow Point 770's and I'm glad I did they too sound amazing. Although I've spoke with another Dbot owner and he like's his over his previous Rubicon 450's.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
I gotta stick with the Wet Sounds. No other speakers make my ears hurt at 75 feet.
Old    pdxWAKE            08-13-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
I am not stating what I like better as I think they all sound great especially when set up right and amped right, but I have heard negative things from a few people that have tried to run the dbots 8"'s and 6"'s together. Everyone that has had 4 8"'s that I have spoken with has been happy with the sound.... I can tell you mine are loud and clear at 75'
All and all you can't go wrong with any of them if they are set up right.....
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
well the weird thing is everything was amped to specs. There was no short cuts. According to my stereo guy the dbots do not sound good when you give them there recommended power. Wetsounds love the power. It could be the whole 8's and 6's things. I have heard people love there dbots. It just my opinion from hearing both and also hearing the same opinion from an installer than does close to 100 boat systems a season.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
NVS
Old    pdxWAKE            08-13-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Ryan... what are you powering the dbots with.... i had a Fosgate Power Series 400 x 2 and I bumped it up to 600 x 2 and can notice a cleaner louder difference.... Any horn is gonna love more and more power... these could take more...
I believe the truth/rumor of the matter is that Dbot actually stole the driver technology from Wetsounds.... I definitely do not support that, but I got them much cheaper than I could get Wetsounds.... I do have a Wetsounds 420 though to show support....