Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       02-13-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
I have the Perfect Pass Wakeboard pro and am having a problem with the button on the control panel that looks like and up arrow. Heres the problem: when I push it, not a darn thing happens.. was wondering if anyone has or does have the same problem so I can skip the whole uninstallation deal and sending it back to perfect pass. Thanks guys

Josh
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-13-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
Your are stuck.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-14-2004, 12:01 AM Reply   
Call Perfect Pass. They have great customer support.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-14-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
I had the exact same problem as you with the PP WB Pro controller on my Malibu. A call to PP and a new one was on the way. All you should have to do is swap out the guage/controller which is really simple on most boats.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
I had the same problem too. Had to send the old display unit back and they sent me a new one. Was without it for a couple weeks though. One cool thing I found was that I had left it on and it would still work even without the display. No way to change the speed though. Luckily mine was set at like 22 so it worked for pretty much everyone. If I wanted to shut it off I just unpluged the servo motor.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem only when the system was in operation (at speed). Here's what PP told me...
1) "Try unplugging your RPM Sensor from the Perfect Pass Master Module. The Master Module should be located under the dash and all the inputs are labeled."
2) "Leave it out for now. What can happen is noise enters the system through one of the inputs and instead of the microprocessor seeing it’s expected input frequency it now sees 10 times that. This overloads the processor and forces it to miss other inputs such as button presses. Of course when the problem first starts it will be minor but as the noise levels increase the processor keeps getting busier and busier until eventually it ignores all button presses while running. This is basically the symptom you are describing so by unplugging your RPM adapter we should see your system cured of its problem, in which case we will replace the appropriate part. If not we will look at a couple of other things."
3) "The problem could be that the RPM sensor is plugged into the wrong input. It should be plugged into the last plug on the front edge of the Module. The second to last one is the timer port and will also overload the system and cause this problem. Let me know what you find out."

No problems since.

Old    disbemrj            02-17-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
I had the exact same issue. The keypad membrane needed replacement. $25 + $18 shipping. Only took a week. Haven't water tested it yet, but it beeps when I push the button now.
Old     (bruunstar)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-17-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
I had a problem where the computer module got fried, I keep my boat in the water and the moisture got to it... cost me 650$ to replace, no warrenty on water damage...