Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-26-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
I'm up here in Sammamish from Texas visiting my sister who moved up here a few months ago. Since there seems to be a lot of wakeboaters in the area inwas curious as to the water temps this time of year up here. I know it has to be cold by southern standards lol. In Texas my home lake is coldest at 80 right now and warmest spots are 82. You guys up here get props from me for riding in cold temps and such a short "sunny" season lol.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-26-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm just South of you in Portland where are water temps are 56 degrees in the rivers and up to a warm 61 degrees in the small lake we ride until things warm up a bit.Definitely still wet suit water.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
http://www.lksamm.com/default.htm

Looks like 58 degree water temp. I am kind of surprised it is that low. I think in mid august the water gets up to high 60's or around 70.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-26-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
http://www.lksamm.com/default.htm

Looks like 58 degree water temp. I am kind of surprised it is that low. I think in mid august the water gets up to high 60's or around 70.
Wow, I saw kids tubing and no wetsuit yesterday...core tubers
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-29-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
I'm from AZ but I have been living in the PNW for 15 years... first couple of years I thought these people were crazy for getting in that water (I was use to going up to Powell every weekend.) But eventually you get use to it. Now I find myself boarding out on Sammamish and thinking 50 degree water is doable and 60 degree water is "nice.". We even took a run this year in January.. just because we could. Water was 40 something... painfully cold... but that's why the boat has two heaters installed. Oh.. and boarding in the rain seems become a norm around here as well. I still don't love it... give me 110 degrees at Powell with 80 degree water... but I guess you do what you have to do. I'll be out swimming in Sammamish tomorrow morning at 5:30 am... triathlon training.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-29-2012, 10:53 PM Reply   
58 sounds about right. I'm riding Sammamish in shorts and a heater top. Feels totally fine. I mean, I'd like it a bit warmer, but this is totally do-able.
And we ride in the rain all the time. A light drizzle is usually good to flatten the water out and keep most people off the lake. Perfection.