Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
I know this is a stupid question, but needing a little help. I have landed quite a few 3's this summer, but cant get them consistent. It feels so unatural for me to spin that way. When I finally do, I usually land it or come up close. I know its just one of those things that I have to just make myself do, but just feel so awkward coming in thinking about it that I always bail on it. I guess I am just looking for something to think about/focus on/or look at to maybe help take my mind off the first part of the spin.
Old     (macattack)      Join Date: May 2009       05-28-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
if you think about falling, your gonna fall. before you carve in visualize you landing the trick think exactly what you are going to do, then start singing your favorite song and go into it. or if you have to think about the trick always tell yourself your landing it. dont ever think about falling. you will always fall if thats what your thinking.

and if feels unatural to spin what way? fs bs?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
actually feels much more natural to spin bs
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-29-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
I usually just think of where I want the handle, once I get it to where I want it and pass its good from there the only thing left is to absorb but thats natural, no thought process.

(Message edited by adambarry on May 29, 2009)
Old     (andrewilso)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-30-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
back side feels more natural but the landings can give you a bit of a twist,front side is the future.. i always think slow cut not too far from the wake 10 ft or so then think pop ..wait.. pull handle to middle of my back then look over trailing shoulder and pass handle
still get beat up on these its all part of the fun :-)but am defo going to try singing my favorite song even if you bail the boat crew can score you on your singing ... lmao
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-03-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
same thing here I learned my Bs 3 before my front but The Fs spin is a lot easier. the reason your Bs spin feels more natural is because your passing the handle with your dominent hand. when you land the bs spin the handle will not be on you lead or dominent hand (unless switch 3) causing you to get a major cross pull on landing. The first part of the Bs 3 is much easier the Fs but youl never land it
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-18-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
I usually have the theme song from whatever cartoon my sister was watching as I left the house stuck in my head. Plus i hear explosion noises are good too
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
All the way up the wake, up and up, maintain axis, lead with head and shoulders, handle pass, handle pass, handle pass, land looking up towards boat and edging away
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-22-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
I always think grab 180 with strait up pop. Works like a charm.