Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
I have a nice size library of music and would like to be able to burn a bunch of it onto a DVD so I dont have to trade out CDs so much in my boat. Everytime I try to burn a DVD with music I get an error that its not compatible.

Is there a certain DVD that I need to buy or some different software to use to force the music to DVD?

Thanks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
if you're burning them to dvd, you have to burn them as data files, assuming your deck can play mp3s and dvd-r.
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
Yeah, I burn them as a data file but I still get an error. My deck is mp3, sirius ready so there is no problem there.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
yeah but does it play dvd-r discs? as far as i know, not many decks can.
Old    mobster            04-30-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
Use + R Disc if possible and always buy name brand disc's . You can drag all the music into a movie program and don't add any video to the time line and you just made a movie sound tract it should play in your player I don't think DvD decks play data disc's What program are you working with PC or Mac
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-01-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
I have a PC but I was using iTunes to burn the disc. I haven't tried using a different burn program yet.
Old    mobster            05-01-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
do you have any dvd programs that came with your pc or do you have windows movie maker installed
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-01-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Joe is right, not many decks at all by DVDs, MP3 is just a format, you can burn a good amount of songs on regular CDs too. MP3 CDs are what Deck companies mean by MP3 player, unless it said DVD on it.

Also in iTunes im assuming that you have changed your perfences to burn DATA DVDs?

Another way (or at least on a MAC) is to load up a blank DVD drag & drop/transfer the songs you want to the DVD then just burn the disk like that.

I know your not on a MAC but any MAC user should only use -R's.

Hope that helps...
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-02-2008, 4:39 AM Reply   
I haven't used the disc in my player yet. The error I receive is when I am burning the disc on my PC. I haven't had the chance to plug it in my deck as yet.

I have Nero and some other burn programs installed so I think I will try them. I just had a huge playlist set up in itunes and didn't want to go through all those songs again and set them back up.