Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    260searay            02-17-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Has anybody ridden this board or seen it? Just wondering how it rides and if it is a beginner board or pro board or what. Will this board be a good board to progress on and be capable of pulling off the more advanced tricks?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-17-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
I'll tell you what I can see from just looking at it. It looks like it was based off the Substance. I've been riding a Substance for the past 2 years and I can tell you that it is one of the easiest boards to ride. The omega appears to be a mellower substance, a less aggressive rocker, and a less aggressive tip/tail profile. I think it would be an excellent board to progress on. Without riding it I would say it's a board that I would reccommend to anyone. I think I might ride it this year.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2005, 4:42 AM Reply   
I've seen it a few times but never ridden it. Its a simple shape, as thane said somewhat similar to the substance. Molded in fins are smaller than the substance and not so many channels. Ben Greenwood has been ripping it up on that thing, but I would believe it would be good for beginners aswell.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-19-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
The Omega is a great board to progress on. I did get a chance to ride one before freeze-up last fall, and was really impressed. Thane Dogg pretty much nailed it on the head when he described how he thought it would act. It was designed with the intention of combining the performance characteristics of the Substance and the Evolution. It's really easy to ride, and has excellent pop. It was rough the day I rode it, and it handled chop really well, too.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com