Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       06-29-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
So we took my boat out yesterday and it didn't want to start? It acted like the batteries were really dead, it started but only ran for about 30 seconds. After it died it acted like the batteries were really low and it would barely crank over at all and then it just died.

First off I have 3 Kinetic batteries all wired together (not sure if you call that series or what not) and the batteries are less then a year old and I've never had this problem before. Everytime I come in from the lake I plug them into a Kinetic battery charger so they get recharged.

First we thought it was the alternator but it was tested today and it was operating fine. So my next idea is the batteries? My buddy put a volt meter on them and it showed 13 with motor off and at the alternator it showed 11 volts while running.

So my question is do I need to disconnect each battery and take them in and have them all load tested individually? I'm thinking it might be one bad battery in the bunch.

Also my starter relay was smoking a little while we were trying to start the motor, this has happened a couple of times before. Why would the relay do this?
Thanks