Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-29-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
Been a few threads about trampoline training in the past. Have been taking a tramp class at a gymnastics place called Twist-n-U in Lake Elsinore. The owner and several coaches are also wakeboarders (VERY GOOD wakeboarders). They have set up boardsport oriented tramp classes. Have awesome setup including standard rectangular tramp, superbounce rectangular tramp (you bounce twice as high!), handles, Guru boards, foam pit off of the superbounce, spotting harness, and much more. I'm in the adult class, having way too much fun. Occasional appearances by Rickey G. and Randall H. We always warm up/stretch before. Had only a backflip going into classes, now have back flip, front flip, side flip (a kind of off-axis flip), no bounce front and back flips, back flip with a half twist, and a double front into the foam pit. Has helped my riding tremedously (waiting for pop, waiting for peak rotation, air awareness, confidence). Excellent cardio workout, can't say enough good things about these classes.

http://www.twistnu.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-30-2007, 1:05 AM Reply   
damn...I wish a gym here in Austin had something like that. I suppose I should look around....

cool pics...awesome setup!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-30-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
I tried setting something like that up here last year and the local gymnastics place was willing to do it, but their insurance wouldnt cover anyone over 23. Most of the people I had interested were over 23 including myself!
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-30-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
My girlfriend is a coach at a gym called GOSA here in San Antonio, Tx. I go to her gym and use the trampoline and foam pit all the time and even bring my own rope and handle to use there. It is a lot safer than jumping on the tramp at home and the tramps that they have there are way better too. It would be cool if all gyms would allow this. Sure would help there buisness and I would bet some of the wakeboarders kids would end up taking gymnastics cause there is no better skill to have that can better prepare you for wakeboarding. Just need to get a guru board now.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-30-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Say hello to Heaven. Thanks for the tip player.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
that looks like it could be a lot of fun with a big group of your homies...
Old     (iukekini)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-30-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
That place is so sick! I was hanging out with Wade, one of the coaches for the wakeboard trampolining, he let me tag along for one of the classes. I wish I had a class like this growing up. It would have helped my wakeboarding so much!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-30-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Mean, wish we had a facility like that for my boy to train at.
Upload
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-30-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
"that looks like it could be a lot of fun with a big group of your homies..."

Exactly! 10 of us currently in the class, which Becky Simms has renamed "Thursday Night Smack Down".
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-30-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Looks like a blast to me!
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-30-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Jeff.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-30-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Do they have anything like this in NorCal?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
if they did Tom that would be nice...good way to stay in shape.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       11-30-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
There is a place like that in tracy! Its hella fun!! Have not been there in years! On of my friends worked there. We would go after hours and jump around and play football in there. Talk about fun!!!
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Anyplace Like that in AZ? That is what I need. Sounds sweet.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-30-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
Hey Tackle...I am joining you guys next week. I had surgery so I was out of commission for 6 weeks. Doing an extra day with Gretchen too. Can't wait. Any more thought about Schwennes next summer?
Old    dabigkahuna            11-30-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
Totally sick, I am super stoked to see this type of thing available! What's the cost like?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-01-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Geri - Yeah, still working on it. Looking forward to seeing you at the gym.

Kahuna - $65 / month. Class every Thursday. Open Gym every Friday. Took a look at your profile, Do you ever get to ride with Reid? The owner of Twist n U is one of his friends, Jeremy Thompson. I like your boat, have this in my garage...
Upload

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 01, 2007)
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-01-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the GURU plug Tackleberry!.Anyone looking for a gym set up similar to this one, can usually find one by Googling your location and looking for a gymnastic training center. Most of these will have Olympic style Tramps and will allow you to train for wakeboard or snowboard specific maneuvers if you sweet talk'em. With the growing acceptance of exreme sports, it's usually not a problem. Anyone interested in obtaining GURU boards should contact Tim Roberts at; TROBERTS@GURUTRAMPBOARDS.COM

Here I am workin it on one of the first GURU boards at the Atlanta stop..It Rocked!Upload
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-03-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
Just now starting to use the Guru board alot. Helps with keeping good body position/balance as you cannot make up for it by adjusting your stance when you have the board on.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 03, 2007)
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
Jeff -- this is just great. Now I'm never going to take you down in the old farts division. I might as well just hang it up.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-06-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Hey Tackle...I had a blast with you guys tonight, and an awesome time with Gretchen yesterday. Wade does a great job with the class. You're lookin pretty tight on that tramp!! Can't wait for next weeks workout
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       12-10-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
When are you going again Jeff?

-Steve
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-11-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thursday Night Smack Down! (Adult class is 7:00pm-8:30pm)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-11-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
TRYING TO GET OUT THERE ONE OF THESE THURSDAY NIGHTS. I'LL HAVE TO ARRIVE EARLY TO STRETCH OUT BEFORE THE STRETCH OUT PART OF THE CLASS... I AM OLD BUT REALLY WANT TO IMPROVE. NEED TO IMPROVE.
ALOHA - JOE PEARSON
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Mind if I ask a couple details?

1) How much per person per session?
2) How many people per session?
3) How much individual time do you get?
4) Is it worth the $ for someone already pretty comfortable on a trampoline?

I'm very interested in coming up, but if it's gonna cost $90 and I only get 10 min it seems hardly worth the 2 hrs driving time.

-Steve
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-11-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
I wanna say that it's $65/Month. 1 to 1.5 hour classes every Thursday. Probably get better details from the website http://www.twistnu.com , or give them a call (#'s on the website).

We have had anywhere from 6-10 people in our class

Structured to where the coach (Wade) gets you going, may work with you 1 on 1 for some things, then turn you loose to work the tramp with others, come back check on you, help with fundamentals and new moves.

I would say it is worth it, I see Ricky G., Randall, Team Valdez in there all the time doing some crazy stuff. Have a few guys working on some really advanced stuff, too.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-11-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
Steve - You gots email!
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-14-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Tackleberry,

What up, first time I see a pic of Wade on WW and he's teaching you to bounce on a tramp.

Say what up to him, that guy goes BIG.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-14-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Dan.

Give me or Larry a call...
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Ok....here's some recent pics from Twist N U. What a blast!! Thanks!!!

Upload
Upload
Upload