Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
is there an area of the delta that's nice for cruising around with small kids (no boarding) and has a nice area to beach and let the kids run around?

We're headed out on the delta on Saturday with our two small ones (age 4 and 2) and bringing some friends with their two small ones. The only beach I know around the area is skiier's beach, and I sure as heck don't want to take the little ones there.

I know there are probably other places to launch like Isleton, but our only experience is essentially Orwood or River's End, and there's not a lot of beaching areas that I can think of.

Thoughts?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
If you launch at B&W in Isleton (or is this Rio Vista) off of hwy 12, there is a cool little beach right there to the left as you exit B and W. That's the only place I know.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-25-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
what about the beach on the very end of Grantline. That's always a family beach. Also if you pace ski beach in disco going north and stay to the left there is a fairly big beach there as well.
There are a ton of beaches around the disco area just keep your eye open and go around low tide, (its easier to find them)
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Yeah I'd say the other island skibeach... When u come out of indian slough make a left and its just around the corner def. Family friendly
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-25-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
You could try the East side of ski beach, and if you get out there early you can kind of takeover the very north part of the east side, the way the weeds grow and if you park right you can make it your own little area, has a shallow spot for the kids and the partyers all stay on the south side, we have gone there many times on weekends with kids and its always mellow on that side, people will park their boats and walk around the other side for the debauchery, usually no music even going on the family side.

Also about 3/4 down grant line slough toward Tracy Oasis look out for a pump house on the north side and there is a beach roughly across from that, kind of where the shore has eroded and its like a sand wall with a beach, you just have to watch the boat from all the passers by wakes but its nice and sandy there and you'll be isolated, also the point at the far west end of grant line is good, real shallow but no exposed sand but little ones can jump around at low tide its only about 2 feet deep there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Yah Allen is right. Up Grantline (out of Rivers End) there's a cool little beach whebn the tide is right.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I am familiar with the beach up Grantline. we do seem to hit it though at high tide unfortunately, but we'll see how it looks tomorrow. Have done the other side of skier's beach too, just often seems that there's pretty limited property there. I guess we just have to hit the tides right and keep our eyes open!