Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-26-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
crazy part animal/human/robots that is...

Upload

Upload
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-26-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
Kevin, where did you get it?
Old    sdahockey21            12-26-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I am on here way too much.

Connecting dots > > > > >

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/648839.html?1230352417

(Message edited by sdahockey21 on December 26, 2008)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-26-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
yeah it was pretty funny that I posted on Dottie Raes post, i had no idea she was writing on here lol. Wondered why she always was borrowing my laptop at my apartment to "check stuff" and that stuff turns out to be wakeworld!
Old    sdahockey21            12-26-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
that's classic. haha
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-26-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
yes yes - I know - I am the *best* - btw my name isn't Dottie Rae... it's really Jill and I am very, very sneaky! (Y'all might want to let your girlfriends read these couple few threads... it is so awesome how gracious people can be!! Thanks Joel & Humanoid!!!)

Also, congratulations on graduating Kevin and merry Christmas!!! BOOP!!!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-27-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Dude you got a new Humanoid!!! Thats sweet! You know everyone here is going to want details. Is it a flex board or their non flex board. Does it have channels? Inquiring minds want to know
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-28-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Dude that's awesome. You should post some pics of the tips of the board if you can that would be cool. Cuz I think I remember hearing something about how humanoid was going to try to integrate bottom features with the flex technology. The sidewalls definitely look different.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-28-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
anyone in dallas area that doesnt have their boat winterized and has a dry suit? I dont think i can wait till late march to try this out. "Dottie Rae" has the board right now and she is 4 hours away so I should be getting it from her next week some time. Ill try and give more details once i get my hands on it! I can tell you that there are bottom features. Ill definately keep yall posted!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-28-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Merry Christmas Indeed! WOW!
Lookin to see more. Also the website should have more things to look at on the new year... so look there too

-----------------------------------------------------------
on another note, the company web site is also teasing us about checking it out on the new year too.

i think i am gona like new years this year.
have a flexcelent new year everyone! hehehe

(Message edited by wakerider111 on December 30, 2008)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
hard to see, but i definitely see a center spine there. hmmm flex board with a center spine? that ought to be interesting. might rule out the argument completely, said by some, that "flex boards land hard on flat landings" ... we will see...
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-31-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
you do know that lf has flex boards already in production with molded fins and bottom features, right?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-31-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Yeah, but LF Press and other flex boards such as the ennen i believe, do not have the same construction as these or any of the other SS/company boards, thus not making it the flex board as these are considered. The Hype roam is flex to, but a different kind!

GO SLINGSHOT!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-31-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
the humanoid is a sandwich construction too like josh was sayin about the slingshots and company. super thin much like my slingshot recoil
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-31-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
i know about the LF line too, but like has already been said, they are a different construction. seems to be more of a "foam trying to be like flex tech" But this being said from someone who admits to not knowing a whole lot about their "flex" line.

personally, i don't get the lf "flex" line too much... i don't feel like they are really voicing it, not like the obrien flex line for example, except for the press of course.
kinda get the feeling that the only people that will know about Ennen's board and the other "flex" boards are the people that are "in the know" and read up on all the wake news ;)
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-01-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
probably cause they know flex is not the future of the sport in its entirety. Flex has a place in wakeboarding, no doubt, but how many 10's have been hit on a flexboard? I'm not saying these boards don't perform, but I think the pvc core stuff (Dark core, nova core, FLY core) is where the true performance comes from.