Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-18-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
putting the boat away this weekend and want to give it a thorough cleaning...anything out there that is highly recommended??? any homemade ideas??
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       10-18-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
I have found a product from sprayway called Crazy Clean that works really well on vinyl!!! either that or the typical armor all all purpose cleaner, 409 works good!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-18-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
......I know a lot of marinas here use orange glow......which I found was good for light to moderate cleaning......but I found the 3m vinyl cleaner could get the deeper stuff in the vinyl texture out better.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-18-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
3m stuff is the best I've found and leaves a protective wax on your vinyl.
Old     (coldlake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
MC says do not use 409 or Fantastik, see below. I highly recommend Lexol Vinylex, which cleans and protects. It's similar to 303. For stubborn spots, hit with Mr Clean Magic Eraser, followed by Vinylex or 303}.

ACCEPTABLE UPHOLSTERY CLEANERS
MasterCraft Vinyl Dressing
Vinyl Finish Vinyl Cleaner
Dish Soap (such as Dawn or Ivory)
303 High Tech Fabric Guard™
UNACCEPTABLE UPHOLSTERY CLEANERS
409 (it states not for use on vinyl!)
Fantastik
Murphy’s Soap
Simple Green
DC Plus
Armorall
Top Kote Sealant
Son of a Gun
Orange 88 Degreaser
Roll Off
Bleach/Baking Soda
Turtle Wax/Tar Remover
APCO
Tannery
Harbor Master
Any product not listed above in the list of Acceptable Upholstery Cleaners!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/450927.html
Old     (chris_tige_20v)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-18-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
I second the Mr. Clean magic eraser. My vinyl looked trashed and use the eraser with a bucket of water and elbow grease and made it look new. Try it and you will always use it. Just hit it with protectant after and all is good
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-18-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Magic erasers, followed by 303. You'd be amazed how much dirt the magic erasers can pull out of vinyl!!
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-18-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
sweet deal...just picked up some 303.
EJ- did you use the protectant on the fiberglass hull?
what about solid wax out there???
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Yes, I use the protectant on everything but the windshield glass, carpet & cover after every use. I go through the stuff by the gallon. It is cheap sunscreen/protectant and makes the boat shine....

I also wax with Meguiar's 1-2 times a season.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-18-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
I second Meguiar's premium boat wax once a season, babe's boat bright all the time!!
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-18-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Babe's Seat soap and magic erasers work flawless for cleaning. I used to follow up with 303 after the intial cleaning but the 303 attracts way to much crap and the vinyl gets dirty quicker. I switched to the Babes seat saver which doesnt attract dirt and leaves the vinyl super soft and proctected.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-18-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
One I have been lucky with is the cleaner by Malco. They also have a conditioner called PB2. Recommended by vinyl / leather suppliers. Mostly it can only be found in higher end upholstery shops.
Sacramento area boaters can find it here:
www.acmetopsandtunes.com
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
pretty weaking promoting your store in that way soundbox... imo. Pay for advertising if that is why your gonna be here
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
i just got this new product in at my shop called ephx Vinyl Cleaner. its made just for boat vinyl and works really good. i use to use the babes seat soap and this stuff works better than the babes. i don't have a number or a web site for it but try to google it.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-18-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
spray nine works pretty good
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2007, 4:51 AM Reply   
.....I hope thats marine spray nine.......because I used to use regular spray nine on my first boat and it destroyed my vinyl...as it weakened the seams and it all came apart.....so now I dont use anything spraynine.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-19-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
theres many products that work really good and so people keep using them but what no one notices is that each time you use the wrong products it take off the protective layer on the seats which protects from the sun and stains. i only use the products that are made just for boat seats