Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (icehawk21)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-18-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
New member to forum...looking to purchase my first ever boat and am interested in purchasing a new Centurion 2013 Elite V C4. See boat details at http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ505036097

I live in Calgary, AB, Canada which - if you believe it - is a hotbed for boats so I'm sure prices are a little more expensive here than the rest of Canada (due to demand) and definitely higher than the US. I've never owned or purchased a boat so I'm not sure how to go about determining my initial offer to the dealer. I have purchased a number of vehicles in the past and always felt like I negotiated a good deal - but I always had dealer invoice prices available to assist me.

Anyways...I'm looking for some advice on what would be a good starting offer and final price that I should feel comfortable settling on as a purchase price for this boat. Here are the details and MSRP quoted on the spec sheet from the dealer. They are asking $55,000 + 5% sales tax. MSRP price is below.

What does everyone think?

Also - how does this boat compare as an entry-level multi-sport family boat that will mostly tube, cruise and wake-surf (all beginners) - especially with stock ballast?

Option
Price 2013 Elite V C4 (base price) $60,860 PCM EX343 5.7L engine $1,614 High Altitude Prop $71 Additional Strip on Std Gel $286 Boat Cover w/ Vent Poles $1,000 Gladiator Tower Bimini $1,129 Stainless Steel Bling-Bling Package $593 Wind Dam $264 Heater w/ 1 Hot Tube and 2 Outlets $757 Custom Stereo Upgrade (amp,sub) $1,214 2 Tower Speakers $1,871 Pro Ballast Pkg (Dual Rear Side Bags) $1,564 Swing Tongue $100 Spare Tire Bracket (Weld On) $86 Spare Tire Bracke w/ Spare Hub (Weld On) $286 TOTAL $71,695 (plus 5% sales tax) ASKING $55,000 (plus 5% sales tax)

Thanks!

Bryan
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-18-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
49 would be a great price, the v is a great hull for what you want to do, you will have to add some locker weight to surf. Only downside to the V is the boat is sensitive to side to side weight due to its narrower beam, but it's not a huge problem.