Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Was anyone out on the delta yesterday. I took an afternoon set, and it felt like winter, there was no body out there and the water was perfectly flat with no ripples aside from the occasional fisherman. But it was really weird the sun never set just kinda dissappeared. There is so much smoke in the air that the skies are gray. I was wondering if anyone else was out there and experienced it. It was so smokey that there wasnt even shadows just a haze. But for once this year the water was so calm. It seems that it has been extra choppy almost all year.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-06-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
gotta love california!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
I work in San Mateo. There are ashes on my car.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Did anyone else notice the sunrise today? Pretty cool.
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-06-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Last night was one of the best Delta evenings ever. The sun was awesome, it looked like Mars. I only had my cell phone to take pics with so it is not that clear.
This was taken about 7pm
Upload
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
yea Lynda did you see it just disappear and not really even set. However the water was so calm, it was really earie out there almost like winter without a sweatshirt.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
This was our sunset inbetween Paradice and Village west, where that boat has been for the past year and a half

Upload
Old    walt            09-06-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
The sunrise this morning was awesome. I might have to bring my camera tomorrow to get a shot of it if it looks the same.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-06-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
Nothing like a little smoke in the air huh?
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-06-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
sorry to hijack, but why has the boat been there for a year and a half?
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-06-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
They live there because they can't afford Cali's property values
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       09-06-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
thats just where they live ,and its kinda cool to ride by it all the time and have there big ass dog run around barking at you
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
I don't think it's been that long. I pulled my boat out of VW last year in October and it wasn't there then. At least, not that I can recall. They seem to have a pretty good setup going.

Now...what's with the little aluminum boat that's always in the weeks just outside of VW? We think that's the same guy taking his dingy to shore.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-07-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
There are rabbits there now, and i crashed there a couple sat mornings ago and they were cookiong eggs and bacon, a little girl was sitting there watching all the wakeboarders, I know the boat has been there since at least the beginning of September last year. I think its funny how they just took up camp, no dock fees or anything, not to sure how legal it is though.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
That is awesome! That's what I want to do, but have a boat parked in the back.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I love Florida.