Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Used a buddies 09 Watsons and could not believe how easy they are to get into and how comfortable. Is there much of a difference between the 08 and 09 models I know there are some 08s for sale on here.
Old     (bigjoe5412)      Join Date: May 2009       07-24-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
I have the 08 and i love it! its really comfortable getting in and out of and while riding. couldnt tell you about the 09 sorry. i bet theyre pretty similar, minus the price hehe
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
I love my 09 limited watsons!!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       07-24-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
All 3 (08, 09, 09 Ltd) rock! I happen to be fortunate enough to have ridden all of them for a while. Can't go wrong with either of 'm. Not that much difference between 08 and 09, though 09's do seem even a little bit more comfy. If you can get a good deal on 08's just grab them.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-25-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
I blow out my 08 on a edge catch, I try my new 09 but still prefer my Slingshot D2 by far!!! D2 are so much comfortable, gives a great support but not too much and the removable liner make it easier to get out!!! Each time I use my Watson, I let my foot hair in the boots!!! Painful!!!
Old     (jskeeatl)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
There are a few big differences between the 08 and 09 Watson Boots. 09's are much lighter, mount a little closer to the board, and they look soooo sweet with the new mess material kind of like athletic shoes. Everyone that I know riding older Watson or Shane boots love them, but all of them have the smooth outer material peeling off of them. I ride the 09's, love them and have never had sore feet or issues getting into or out of them.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-26-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
My 08 Watsons are falling apart and I have only been riding them since May. Like Justin says the outer part peels off. They sell us boards and bindings for hundreds of dollars but yet the shiat falls apart after 3 months. My Watson board is also delaminating as well.