Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-23-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
So just out of curiosty.... im goin down to the beach in orange beach alabama this comin week. I know its been said that you can wakesurf with a real surf board. but i was wondering if you can surf for with a wakesurf board. im gonna try it while im down there if the waves get big enough. I have seen waves down there that were as big as a wave from behind a boat. So i figured you can surf them. anyone done it before?

I have a obrien alias 5.0. so i think its big enough. any better suggestions for a board for this?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-23-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Yeah, 5' is kinda small, especially if you are a beginner surfer.
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-23-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
yea i agree with dan if your a beginner. i dont know any thing about your board but if its under 2-1/4 inches thick it probably wont catch waves pretty well. i have surfed all my wakesurf boards in the ocean. (surf style) the new wave js model worked really good at rincon (point break) with the quad setup. i have also surfed the shredstixx thresher and the comp model both were fun in tiny waves but no wakesurf boards surf well at all if you know what a good ocean board feels like.