Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-05-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
So we keep all our boards in a shed by the lake. It's a locked shed and fairly secure. Well, not secure enough as it some idiots broke into it the night of the 3rd and took every single one of our wakeboards. This includes 5 wakeboard/binding setups, including some 07 Cells!!! Plus they took my rope/handle, wakesurf board, and a couple vests. Talk about being depressed on the 4th!!!

Plus, to top it off, went to the local shop to see what they had and they didn't have anymore Cells in my size, plus didn't have the board in my size either. Huge bummer. Guess I'll go tubing.

This was on Medicine Lake in MN, so if you hear of anyone selling boards out of that area, please let me know.

Thanks
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-05-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Bummer, sorry to hear about that. Definitely keep an eye on ebay
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-05-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Terrible bummer Drew. I live on Medicine Lake Rd. and my board/bindings got yanked right out of my garage last August. I wonder if it's the same people. Very lame.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
who steals someone else's stoke.. totally LAME.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-05-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Check out Craig's List, local ads and swap meets - someone who wanted that much equipment is probably stealing them to sell on.
Old     (nuts4donuts)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-05-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, like Peter says, watch the ads including eBay. And remember, if you have homeowners insurance, check your policy, you might be covered for the loss minus a deductible. Also, your boat insurance might cover this if you say the right things. Sorry to hear about that.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
" if you say the right things"

what, you mean like, insurance fraud?

lol

Just kidding. But that really sucks about the equipment. Tell your story to the shop, maybe they will hook you up with some deals...
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Insurance is fraud. Call em up & get them to cut you a check, Threaten to cancel. If you dont any coverage, then maybe it really is time to "review" your policy & make a switch.
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-05-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, we definitely are submitting this to insurance. I mean, it's like $5k in wakeboard equipment!!!! It should definitely be covered under the homeowners policy.

The worst part is the hassle of replacing everything. Like I said earlier, the local shop didn't have my bindings or my board. Totally out of luck. So now I'm using some backup board that I have no confidence in. Just overall a crappy situation that could be avoided is people were just decent.

Thanks for the support.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       07-05-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey man, sorry to hear about your luck. I despise thieves who are too lazy to work for their equipment like most other people do. A good thing to do is post a list of the boards/bindings and everything that was taken. This site is a huge network and all it takes is for the guys to slip to one person. It is worth a shot. Good luck with everything bud!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
Yea, one guy got a bunch of stuff back, including an Ipod, because he posted his stolen stuff on here.
Old    110outlet            07-06-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
Chances are your shed is covered under your home insurance, im guessing you have a home or cottage that is covered, but they will most likly only cover your things not your buddies that had there stuff there as well. plus your deductable if you have one. There sneaky sneaky insurance companies.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-07-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Have you tried midwest MC? You can get the bindings online and pick them up at the store. Waterskis.com
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-07-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, I buy almost all my stuff from Midwest MC. Sweet shop. Unfortunately they are just running low on gear since it's middle of the season.

Here is a list of what was stolen:

Ronix Cell Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite Premier 141 DNA Wakeboard
Liquid Force PS3 133 Wakeboard
Liquid Force Minx Limited Edition Wakeboard Bindings
O'Brien Alias 5'6 Wakesurf Board
Hyperlite Highback Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite 3DS 143 Wakeboard
Hyperlite Roam Wakeboard
Liquid Force Transit Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite Premier 140 Wakeboard
Hyperlite Highback Wakeboard Bindings
Accurate A-line Wakeboard Rope
Straight Line A.R.I. Wakeboad Handle
Straight Line Wakesurf Knotted Rope
Jetpilot Baller Vest Comp L
Liquid Force Watson Vest Comp L
Hyperlite Murray Bindings

No good!!! Let me know if anyone hears anything!
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-07-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
Wow! When I first read that I thought you were talking about a few nice things, but that is a whole lot of nice gear. That would ruin my summer. Sorry for your loss.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/spo/368288426.html

Is this your board Drew?http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/spo/368288426.html
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Wow. It sure seems like the same setup (2004 Premier w/ 2007 Cells). If that looks like your gear Drew, I'd call him and show up with the cops, or with a baseball bat. I HATE theives!

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Keep us updated!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-08-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
yaaaaaa dude i think its time for some ass kickin!!!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
Both listings deleted by the author....looks like you might of found 'em.

Crime doesn't pay...work for what you want or karma will find you and wreck your life.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 6:33 AM Reply   
See what a tight wakeboarding community does. We are here to look after each other. Keep up the great work fellow boarders!. Sorry about this happening to you Drew...or anyone. It is just so lame that people will do this.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
HEY!!!!! My roommates boat got broken into on the 3rd. Stole 2 subs and an amp. Mother Fr's! He pulled it out of the water to get it ready for the 4th. It was in the parking lot covered. Yellow Centurion with 6 tower speakers. It has to be someone who has been on the lake. If they knew where to find your board and that my roomies boat has that stuff in it.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Oh yeah. We live on Medicine Lake too. Med Lake Apts. Drew let me know any info you find out. This guy needs to get what's coming to him. It really ruined my roommates 4th and the rest of the week. We need to exchange some contact info and catch this guy.

(Message edited by ironj32 on July 09, 2007)
Old    wakejjboard12            07-09-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
dude this sucks... THIEVES ARE LAME!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Drew. What part of the lake do you live on? I'm wondering if this was a wide spread thing or just secluded to a certain area?
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-09-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hey guys-

Thanks a ton for all your support. That craigslist ad IS my board!!!! I actually found it on Saturday and was working with the police to catch this guy. Long story short, we set up a sting, but the guy sends his girlfriend to do the exchange. COWARD! So we get the girlfriend but not the actual thief. They said this guy is a "floater", with no real residence. He obviously has been in the system before. What a low-life.

Anyways, at least they got one board back. The police still have it checking for prints, but I should get it back eventually. Now they're moving on and are trying to track this guy down and locate him. He needs to get busted BIG TIME!

That same night my neighbors shed also got broken into, probably by the same guy. A couple of weeks ago my bindings were stolen as well, so I'm guessing this guy was involved in all of them, including your roomies boat too Jay. He needs a serious beat down. Like you said, completely ruined the 4th weekend for me.

Anyways, if anything else comes of it I'll keep ya updated.

Thanks again!
Old     (shawns_no_good)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
That's gotta be a huge lift for you to at least get one board back. Good luck getting a hold of this guy to get the rest back.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Drew, I'm in Woodbury, but if anything comes around my way ill let you know for sure. Ill keep checking up on craigslist and ebay see if i can spot any of your gear in my area. Let me know if we can do anything over here brotha.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
so did they arrest the girlfriend?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-09-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
Good to hear that they have him on their radar and you got something back.

I hope they arrested her. For all you know she is the one that stole everything.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Wow! Great news Drew! Hopefully they'll catch the perp and throw both him and the gf in the slammer!I'm sure she's involved in this too, like Jon said.

Hope you get the rest of your gear back!
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I would think if the girlfriend showed up she would be able to lead you back to the guy? Did the police try to threaten her a bit or even try to get her to call him etc?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
WTF. Why don't the cops make the girl tell them where he is?
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-09-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Dear God,

Please let this guy go down hard… I promise to stop skipping mass on Sundays, in order to get that buttery water!

Amen…
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-09-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Well, they did arrest the girls for posession of stolen property, but that's it. Will probably get probation or community service. Lame. They tried pitting the gf against the dude, but he's such a loser-coward a-hole that he didn't care and let his gf sit in jail overnight and get arrested rather than come in and own up.

Yeah, not sure why they can't use the gf to get this guy. I mean, they have the gf, they have his cell phone number...isn't that enough??? After going through this, it definitely doesn't work like it does on TV. It's really hard to arrest someone unless they are caught in the act. Oh well I guess.

Jay, I spoke with Corey at MWMC and he said he knows you and your roomie. Bummer about your boat. PM me if you want some more detailed info about this guy}.

See ya
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-09-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
I seriously feel for you. The system is setup for failure or so it seems sometimes. They could find out where this guy is and bust him but in most cases it is not worth the effort to some police departments because they have "more serious issues to deal with" I had a guy steal my wallet and the cashier at Home Depot suspected a guy of theft driving off with a truck load of stuff on my card, got his liscence. Police nor Credit card company or anyone did anything. $8000 he charged and they new who it was! And some people wonder why many will take the law in their own hands!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Wait till the GF gets released, and follow her. You can phone the jail and find out her release date and time. It's not hard to play the role. All the gear is taking up alot of space "somewhere." You got the Craiglist notice quickly. Most likely, he's sittin on it, somewhere....