Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    marshaq            02-15-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
I moving to Madison this fall for B-School and while I know that the season is short and that I will be fairly busy, I want to bring my mastercraft:-)!

Does any one have any knowledge about boat storage, marinas, good spots, etc? I would love to be able to keep the boat near the water somewhere during the season (the season is longer than July 4, right?). LEt me know if anyone has lived there and knows some of the in and outs near Madison. Thanks!

Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
Marshall,
I use to live out in madison, but kept my boat where I am living now which is about a hour from there. There are two main lakes in madison. I don't know any of the marina names, but I think that there are a couple. I don't know how they work out there but on my lake you usually have to rent a slip for the whole season. If no one else gets back to you drop me a email and I can find out some info for you. I have a good friend out there who has a wakeboard and snowboard shop. He has been in madison for many years and could tell me if there are any places to keep your boat. Good luck, Madison is a fun city to live in, I liked it alot when I was there.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-16-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
check out Redline watersports... mastercraft dealer in the area, or you have skipper buds, there are other marinas as well, you probally want to try to stay on lake monona though. It doesnt get quite as choppy. I know one person that has there boat in a slip, I will talk to him, I know last year there were other slips available where his boat was.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-19-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Last year we rode from april 10th to october 12th so the season is about six months. I am the guy with the slip that gordon is talking about. The slip runs about 1200 bucks and is right on the channel that connects the four lakes in the madison area but is closest to the best lake (monona) where you can get good water during the week and saturday mornings. If you want any other info i can email it to you with contacts and such.
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-20-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
Also currently considering moving to Madison from Chicago. Went to school there, great city, lakes are great. Scot - What is the name of the marina, phone, etc.

Thanks ahead of time for the info....hoping to get back before summer starts...we will see!
Old    marshaq            02-20-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me. I was just out on Wake Monona this weekend. Not wakeboarding mind you. Just watching about a thousand fools jump into a hole cut into the ice.

Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
The marina is called interlake boatyard, he is super cool he has nice grills out for you to use and chairs and tables and stuff, if you really want he even has high speed internet available for your slip, anyway the address is 400 Interlake DR Monona wi 53716, tel # 608-223-1961, make sure to tell him that scot berner refered you cuz he might give me a discount and that would be cool, and what kind of boats do you guys have??? I have a 2004 Four winns w/ tower and weighted, its a decent boat although i wish i had a inboard.
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-23-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
04 Mobius LS, bought late last year so I only have 30 some hours on it. Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can get out. Thanks for the info, hopefully will see you guys out there.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Noel you ride in monona?? Is your mobius white/blue?? I think i have seen it before.
Old    thunderstruck            02-25-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
Dose anyone ride on lake Wisconsin? We wanted to come into Madison and try out the lakes this summer but are not sure were to put in.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-25-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
The best place to put in, in madison is Lotis Park, it is right next to my boat slip actually, if you want directions let me know.
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Never been out there, currently live in Chicago but have a condo in Fox Lake, IL. Mobius is red, go bucky! Even id we don't move i'll bring it up just to check out the seen. Lotis park, is there decent parking?
Old    marshaq            02-26-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
I have a 93 205 Prostar with a tower and around 1000 in weight. Thanks for all the info above with regards to the slips, etc.

See you on the water in the fall!
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-27-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Lotis has decent parking but not the greatist, the launch is very nice tho and there are no rocks around the site.
Old    marshaq            02-28-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
What about the rocks throughout Lake Monona? Is the lake simpatico or antisimpatico? Also, do you know of any chart books for Madison and the surrounding Wisco lakes?
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-28-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
I would say the lake is very simpatico. There are no really shallow areas that arent obvious. There is one marked rock pile but it is not in any of the good riding lines. As far as the channel goes a inboard should have no problem navigation the whole thing. I have a fishing chart that i first used to navigate the lake, i think you can pretty much pick them up at the local hardware stores.