Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-07-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
Anyone wakesurfing behind an 04 LSV? I am looking to buy one in the near future and it will be used primarily for wakesurfing. I read the test report from wakesurfing magazine and the LSV sounds like a wakesurfers dreammachine but I wanted to get some first hand experiences if I could. Is the wake ridable using only factory ballast and the wedge? Is a 4' wake really possible as wakesurfer magazine contends. Please give me your thoughts.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-08-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
We have a '04 ws lsv this is my post on it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/174945.html?1088567291

I dont know if it is rideable for me with just stock ballast, i can not seem to get it, but my lil brothers can, but it probally helps that they are like 80 pounds
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hell yeah you can get a 4 foot wake....we ride with 1700+ pounds in one corner plus or fat friends.

Stock Ballast??? Hmmmm do-able but not that great. You can pipe in an extra sac using y adapters for the fill and drain.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-08-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
This is me with stock ballast cept the one back corner, and 4 skinny friends.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10790

It seems too small :-(
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. How do you guys think the 05 VLX will surf. My dealer has made me a deal that I may not be able to refuse on an 05 vlx.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
2004 VLX wake with corner ballast and one 600 lb sac.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-09-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Rich,
That is a nice wave out of a VLX. I am really struggling with my decision now between a VLX and a LSV. My dealer has offered me a great deal on a 05 VLX that will be here in 2 weeks. Your picture really helps me make my mind up. So I am assuming you were using the standard 250 rear sack, the 600 lb sack, and the wedge only?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Remember it takes more weight on the LSV to weigh it down. I would be torn too. I personally like the LSV for the room. You can fit more of your fat friends on the boat.

Yeah, we piped the extra sac in to the stock ballast using a y-pipe and valve.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-12-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
I am going with the VLX and the main reason is, it will fit in my garage. Both look like they throw an excellent surf wake and the longer and heavier 05 VLX should be even better than last year. We will see.