Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DBurke)      Join Date: Sep 2012 Location: Tennessee       10-12-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
Looking for some input from you all..My next boat purchase will be coming up soon and I've got 4 boats in the running right now..They are all within 5k of one another on price and optioned close to the same..Choices are 2011 Supra 242 which is my fav at the moment due to size and wetsounds stereo upgrade but never been in one don't know how they ride or handle..2012 Wakesetter 22 mxz..2013 Axis a22 vandall which I've had a 2011 and know they are solid boats..and last 2014 mb sports 22 tomcat..I won't be able to demo any but the axis because they are all located far off so I'm looking to you all for some decision help!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-13-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Best bang for the buck is the 2011 Axis you already had. After that, do you have the space to store the 24' Supra and are you able to tow the extra weight? That is a fair bit of extra boat compared to the others and you might have some costs associated with that. I suspect your best value might be the Wakesetter as it should have taken the biggest chuck of it's 'used' depreciation and will always have a good resale. The Supra's ride and handle reasonable well but it's different driving a 24' boat compared to a 22'. Not a lot, but different.
I would really recommend demoing the boats as what other people tell you about them might be much different that how you feel about them. Good luck. They are all pretty nice boats
Old     (DBurke)      Join Date: Sep 2012 Location: Tennessee       10-13-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
I enjoyed the Axis I had just small things like vinyl problems and issues with the p&p that annoyed me..I had a 2010 Supra Launch 22 worlds after that and enjoyed the boat but got a good offer on it over summer so I decided to let it go..I would be able to store the 242 but would have to take the swim platform off to get it to fit..I wish I could demo each but all but the Axis are located 400 miles or so away from me..
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-21-2014, 5:20 AM Reply   
Morning, If your still looking for a lot of boat for the money, I just posted my extreeeemly custom and one of a kind 2010 Malibu 23LSV on only inboards and boat trader. It's got the 8.1L big block, $8000 sirlin wrap and a HUGE wet sounds stereo and only 129 hours. I unexpectedly got an offer to buy a year old XStar reeeeally cheap so I don't need two boats, especially in Colorado.

Check it out if your interested. Here's a link to only inboards and my google Picasa web album.

Michael

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2010-Mal...ado-31228.aspx

https://plus.google.com/photos/11266...LDQvZif-qyxtgE
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-21-2014, 7:45 AM Reply   
Negotiable on price on this 14 F22 - must sell - https://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-MB...ois-44261.aspx
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-21-2014, 12:17 PM Reply   
Most bang for buck is the MB for sure.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-21-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
I own a 2014 MB F22, so I would also vote for the MB.

We were looking at used boats and ultimately made the decision that for the money it made more sense to purchase a new MB over a several year old boat for in some cases the same or less money.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2014, 7:20 AM Reply   
Love my MB 23TWB, but don't have time to use it. I'd make someone a heck of a deal if interested.