Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
Hey WW gang -
I'm going to be out in Texas towards the end of July for work and will be close to the Hydrous park. Anyone have any experience with the park? I've never ridden at a cable park (why isn't there one in southern California?!) and was looking for any input and experiences you may have had at Hydrous and what I should expect. Thanks!
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2014, 2:48 PM Reply   
Super slow moving ~18-20 mph is whats been said, could benefit some boarders
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-08-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
Ive ridden there once. Its a great setup and the cable is clockwise. Cable is definitely different than riding boat. Just ask some of the really good guys riding for some pointers on approaching/hitting rails. Everybody was super friendly.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Which Hydrous will you be near? I go there often, and there will always be a good group of people to help you and give recommendations, just ask. It is a great park, and they have added a good variety of unique obstacles. Let me know anything you may be wondering. FYI, July is amidst their summer camp season, so they have kids camp during the day from 8am-3pm.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-08-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
If you lean back when hitting an obstacle in order to avoid face planting on it you will probably land on your butt. They are slippery so you want to be pretty much weight neutral.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quick search on Google maps looks like I'll be close to the Allen Station park. I'll be a little pinched for time but hoping to get at least a 2 hour pass. I'm sure I'll be left wanting more but how many pulls should I expect in 2 hours (on average, I'm sure it'll be crowded)?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2014, 3:54 PM Reply   
You will be extremely worn out after doing 2 hrs your first time, and likely won't even make it that whole time. Just check and make sure it's not a Points Chase Competition evening. They have all you need, just bring your shorts.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-08-2014, 11:01 PM Reply   
It's a great park. Go and have fun and then be prepared to make the long drive to the parks in Sacramento when you get home.....you'll be hooked!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-12-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Personally I like riding boat way better but hydrous is a great park. Especially for beginners. I just don't like the walk back after working on a specific trick and it could potentially be 10 to 20 minutes before you try it again.
Also be prepared for your shoulders and triceps to be worked quickly from the upward pull of the rope.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-15-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Gene you are so funny try riding a cable that ACTUALLY pulls on old shoulder LIKE Cowtown in FW..it will kick your old azz , good work out though my guns are growing LOL Hydrous allen barely pulls hard at all Little elm is harder but Cowtown runs faster, smaller lines, and is a tad smaller(more hits) and pulls hard as heck, newbs get blown up there in the corners )

Both Hydrous parks are nice Allen is smoother and better for left foot riders and little elm is better for right foot riders but pulls just a little harder than allen but has some cool different obstacles to hit..

Mark the fastest that cable runs is about 18 I swear sometimes its slower but its only a guess..