Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-22-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Randy,..

We gotta be careful about that my Brotha,...
Our arch enemies,...

Knee Board man and his side kick PWC BoyEEE might be watching!!!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-22-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
Joe,

Have a great time in Orlando,...
Wish I was there.

Ride On!
a.k.a.
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-22-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
Uh Oh!!,..

Our sworn Arch enemies have struck a lethal blow!!!

Knee board Man and PWC BoyEEE have snagged one of our honorable members by using their Wake Warp Wiget on Guru2!!!

Hark my fellow heroes,.. to the Malibu Boat,.. Away!!!

Upload
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-23-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Dennie, will that thing warp me to that lake? Looks like a sweet location! Don't I need a cape???.. Rock on my man!Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
Dave Williams was on StokeMeter last night. IT was a good show. Then there was a spontaneous after-show with one
of the StokeMeter admins and his wife. Robyn Valdez eventually happened upon the after-show too. The reason I'm
telling this story is because, like out of no where, all of a sudden Joe Pearson's name came-up in discussion! Joe,
you're ubiquitous!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-25-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

Ride On!
a.k.a.
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Will turn 50 on Sept. 10, so I guess I qualify for this thread. Even though I don't have the greatest technique (too many skiing habits), it's my favorite past time.
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-26-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
Welcome aboard Rich!

Hey, that looks like an O'Brien Natural,..
That's my main board in a 144cm,.. cause I'm kinda, well,.. chunky from all the sugar biscuits.
Nice riding man!!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Thank you Frank for the Pull at Lake Holden... we stayed at Charley Patterson's beautiful home. Hope to go again next year and train for the Worlds.... all of us in the Super Vets 50 years and over... crap I will be 57 then... had a great time at Expo and anyone who missed the fish tacos at Charley's house missed out.
Aloha from Huntington Beach... Joe Pearson
application/octet-streamUpload
Joe Frank Brett (128.3 k)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Lets try these photos... aloha JoeUpload
Upload
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Dennie, that is a Natural, probably my last board, it is awesome. I also switched to Ronix's One bindings - no more foot cramps.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-26-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
That's some cool motivation! I'm 43 & hope I'm still at it at that age. My father in law is 56 & started riding two years back . He used to barefoot & trick ski back in the day . Now he's reliving his youth.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
David... it is just a state of mind to keep... always have fun! Enjoy every day. Aloha Joe
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-26-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
Dang Joe,
Looks like you had a blast in Orlando!
Hey,... hmmmmm,
Who is that handsome man standing next to you?
Looks a little like,... Oh my Gosh!!!
PPPPPPPPPPP Parks Bonifay!!!!!!!
Wooo Hooo!!!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-26-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
In our last episode of "The League of Intergalactic Aquatic Ninjas",
our arch enemies Knee board Man and his side kick PWC Boyee used their Wake Warp Widget to snatch Guru2,
transporting him to an unknown Lake.
Since then our intrepid hero has made good his escape!!!

Upload
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-26-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Rich,

Isn't that Natural just a great board!
With all those fins it shouldn't break loose very
easy for surface tricks but the crazy thing does!
But still, just very stable even with the center fin removed,
always gives a nice "consistent" pop,
crazy soul turning carving machine. I am in love with that board!
My son loves those Ronix 1 Boots too.
I am using the O'Brien Gold and Black Xenon bindings on my Natty.
I bought a Natty for my Son in law as well and now
he wont ride anything else.
I wonder what difference there is in the way the new Decade rides from the Natural?

Ride On!
a.k.a.
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-27-2009, 4:30 AM Reply   
The cape always makes for a great escape! Welcome aboard the fountain of youth express!
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-27-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
I went from the 2003 Byerly which I thought was a great board but a little slow. The Natural is much faster, lands great, plus like you said, it break loose very easily. I ride it without the center fins. Other people have tried my board and from the first ride are believers. The only bad thing about that is seeing my board do great moves and see much more air than when I am riding it. lol

Rich
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-27-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Rich,

Man am I hearing what you are saying!
My son in law rides his like a dang Hyperlite Roam!

Not sure how the big ole boy does that, because of all the Natural's fins
and especially since he weighs right at 300 pounds.

Its cool watching "The Moose" run.
As soon as he gets up, everybody in the boat hollers out,...

"THE MOOSE IS LOOSE"!

We all love that big boy!
What a hoot it is riding with him!
It's just great!

Here he is on a LF 147cm Rhythm (Huckster)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7puZ7WX1g

Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-27-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
I think the "Moose" is crushing the wake into submission!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-27-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
David,
I love your personal quote; "watch this cool face plant!" that's priceless!

"the "Moose" is crushing the wake into submission!

That's funny, no doubt!
Water molecules are still screaming for mercy
all over Bull Shoals and Lake Norfork!

I probably shouldn't say this but,....

When my man crashes its like a rather large farm animal doing a canon ball off a 50-ft high dive!
It's just Tsunami City!

This guy is really so much fun to have in the boat.
Besides being a "ton of fun" he is also an excellent boat driver with a very keen eye for safety.

He used to work on the river boats and is very water savvy.

Things just aren't the same when my Boy aint around!

The Moose is Loose!!!

Ride On!
a.k.a. The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-27-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
I've seen my F-in-law ride trick skis cuffed ,but never on a wakeboard. I just started riding two years back. I was to old to skateboard & fall breaking something so I thought I'd take it to water to be safer..
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
62 here and don't get out nearly as often as I'd like. The only thing my friends do is waste time playing golf.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-02-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Hope I'm still rockin' at 62 Jeff.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-09-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Just going to keep this post going! And a thank you to Frank Davies of Lake Holden... gave me a pull a couple weeks ago. Lots of fun... we need to join together and get the WWA to recognize the 50+ Super Vets Division like we do in California.... Aloha to my geezer friends...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-09-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
I'll be officially rockin' 50 on the 23rd of this month. Down side is after all the extreme things I've done, normal shoulder surgery's no longer work. On the 29th, I get partial shoulder replacement on the ball side. Whatever it takes to keep rockin'.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-09-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
I have about 1 hour left in my forties. Oh well, here's to fifty.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Happy B'Day!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
Welcome to the CLUB.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-10-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Thanks, my office at work was trashed by my co-workers, at least they are getting me a DQ cake.