Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-21-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Why is everyone leaving cassette and why did the obriens leave hyperlite. also a few posts back ppl were assuming whos switching to what brand....why is this all goin' down?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-21-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Herb O'Brien had a deal where he sold part of HO/Hyperlite with a repurchase option. When this did not work out as he planned, he was bought out and he left the company. He owns Jobe and J-Star outright. Some people left with him, others left for other reasons, and HO/Hyperlite just hired a new President from Nike. This is a normal part of business and not anything bad. Expect good things from both HO/Hyperlite and Herb O'Brien.

I don't know anything about Cassette.
Old    roadking            02-21-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thomas Horrell never has, never will, know how to run a company. He is out of MONEY, and there are no more fools willing to give him any, therefore he is DONE-Toast......
Old    00wakesetter            02-21-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Brian, tell us how you really feel.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-23-2006, 5:35 AM Reply   
I doubt this brian guy even knows anything about horrell
Old    roadking            02-23-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I have known Thomas since he was 12, I do know him well, and I will tell you he does not know how to run a business. Example, he buys a booth at Expo, sets up some point of purchase, then never puts any product in or and no one mans it. Ask any dealer, he will not honor warrantys, and now his phone is disconnected. He has had offers to buy name and rights, he will not sell unless he is involved and in charge...NOT. Therefore Cassette is no more. It may come back in someone elses hands, but for the most part most all dealers and now consumers are over it.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-23-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
I doubt Corey Knew that Brian does Know Thomas!!!LOL
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-23-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
He skates like a Mo' Fo'. That's all I need to know.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Ouch Corey, saw that one coming. Brian's been in the industry for awhile.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
I'll put my money on Herb O'Brien.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-24-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Me too. For at least the first two years.
History shows he won't last.

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-24-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
"History shows he won't last." One opinion only.

I'm thinking that Herb has learned plenty about running a company in the last few decades and I would bet against him making the same mistakes. Also, Paul O'Brien is committed to a long career in this industry. They will get my money and support.

Old    roadking            02-24-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
What does Herb O'brien have to do with Cassette?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Nothing with Cassette. Jobe, J-Star, and a company about ready to be announced.
Old     (moradaboardin)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
"History shows he won't last." He's started 2 successful water sport companies and will “probably” start a third. How can you say the guy isn’t successful with the amount of time he’s spent in the industry and the loyalty his customers show towards his companies? I still know people who wont ski anything but an Obrien until you explain he no longer owns the company. HO will hopefully continue their current business practices (i.e. awesome RA policy, quick shipping, useable discounts, the list goes on) but based on the way that other companies owned by the same parent company practice business, I’m not holding my breath. Look for a new “HO” next year. Also, cassette went under because they never could ship a damn thing and while their product was well built, their RA policy sucked, they’ll be back.
Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
What do you guys think the future will hold for gator boards? I have been looking for a good place to purchase one and try one out.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-24-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
so does all this stuff, including everyting being made in china now have anything to do with a lot of the crappy 2006 board graphics? ;)

just kidding, kinda
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
I can see GB either going crazy this year or flopping.

So far with the response we have had to the 2006 GB product in our shop, I think they will have a crazy good sales year.

Mutiny Wakeboards will return...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
I hope GB do well this year, they make pretty good stuff.
And Mutiny, is that just wishfull thinking?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
Schmaltz is not done, just marinatin'

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM}

(Message edited by partydock17 on February 24, 2006)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
I thought the mutiny name was done. Is there going to be an Integrity wakeboard, thats hard to picture.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Time will tell...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-27-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
}Wow everyone seems to have alot of practice in the bashing of fellow wake lovers such as Thomas horrell. And according to the guy whos know thomas since age 12 i can tell that it wasn't a good relationship if your selling him out for making mistakes in bussiness. Horrell will always be an innovator either way...}
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-27-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
there wont be such thing as an Integrity wakeboard.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Im just wondering, but wht dont you think Schmaltz couldnt make nother wakeboard?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 3:17 AM Reply   
I heard that Herb o'brien was going to start a new board co. called Radar
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-28-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
The information from Herb has not been released, yet. It will be soon, I am told. They are working out of Herb's warehouse on Radar Lake. For now, the Jobe and J-Star lines are up and running. I will have product in the next month.
Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
My info tells me that it will be Radar wakeboards and Bierly is signed on.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-28-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
You mean Byerly?