Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-12-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
Had anyone ever heard of these or had an experience with one? I found one that seems to be a decent deal on an inboard DD. Kind of getting tired of the I/O and might consider picking this up if it is in good shape.
Old     (wtrgrl)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-13-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine had one. Had a 351 windsor in it. Over 1000 hours on it and still running strong. Well built boats. I believe its a wood floor with a layer of fiberglass over it.. Threw a nice wake
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-13-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
Anything specific to look for with wood floors? The add actually said that this boat was made by nautique back in the day, but I researched it and it is made by ski supreme.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-13-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
It's a ski supreme sierra supreme. The 2 that i have seen the floor and stringers were rotted out. I bought one as a project and ended up just giving up.
They usually have 2 captains chairs and then a back seat and an open bow. I would just check out the floors and stringers If those are good your fine. The problem is that if the floors and stringers aren't in good shape you have to completely remove the top deck to gain access to the floor.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-13-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
How do you check the stringers? You are definately talking about the boat I was planning on looking at. Its a good price, but definately not looking for another project.
Old     (wtrgrl)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-13-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
The only true way to check the stringers is to drill a hole. With that said I bought a boat with a wooden floor without drilling any holes and have been more than happy. Check the engine mounts where they connect to the stringer. Check the floor for any soft spots. Check the transom for any cracks. Also if it has a swimstep check the bolts where its mounted. Make sure those bolts are holding tight and not loose as that may indicate a rotting transom. If the floor is soft or rotted I'm sure the stringers will be also.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-13-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Well after talking it over with the GF and thinking about it, I think we decided to pass. Mostly because of storage concerns. We want to hold out for a V drive. But here is the link if anyone is interested.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/1739558745.html