Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
this was audreys Melissa 138 that she rode last year.

audrey sanded it smooth, and i masked and layed down the "rich plum" on the bottom, audrey had the graphics custom made, i put that on and then cleared over it all.

audreys switched to a faith hope love full setup this year so were donating/giving this board with the wing bindings to her sister tonight when she comes to town for her birthday. she has no idea. her favorite color is purple, and her and her husband are BIG into recycling, eating healthly, planet conservation etc.

cant wait. just thought id post it up.

Old    Chaserwaser            04-23-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
I love the color but the Graphic could have been a little bigger so there isnt so much space but otherwise I like it! Now that I look at a second time to it is a veryyyy clean job!

Last edited by Chaserwaser; 04-23-2010 at 6:49 AM.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
yeah i wanted to keep the graphic inside the outer chimes to help protect it. i measured and we were able to get a 12" wide graphic in there.
she will love the simple clean lines.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-23-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Wow nice job, Looks very clean, And love the recycling theme.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Awesome job.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Looks professional to me bro.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-23-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Very clean!! Great job.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-23-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
thats ridiculous!!!
mad props
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
Cory-

Can you give a bit more detail on what you did? That looks great. Do you have pics of the top side?

Mario-
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
thanks!
started with an orbital sander with 220 grit to knock down the rough areas. then hand wet sanded with 320 grit.
masked the top off, then started laying down color. mist a tack coat first, then start laying it on thick to self-level for a glass finish.
let cure
wet sand
apply graphic
repeat paint process for clear.

i dont have any pics of the top with me, its factory graphics with a bunch of stickers.
i will warn you i HIGHLY discourage you from painting your board, the paint just cant hold up. after half a season it will look like **** (trust me i know this is the second time ive painted this board) it also add over a pound to the board weight.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-24-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
What kind of paint did you use?