Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-11-2004, 4:37 AM Reply   
i like it to go wakesurfing. but we only have a small wake. what do you think is the best board to have a lot of fun with small wakes.
thx for your help.
reto/germany
Old    hyperliterider3            01-11-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
i would say the hyperlite brodcast
Old    cabalisticfire            01-11-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
hmmm, I would say a larger board like the Landlock or maybe and Inland Surfer Green Room would work better. You'll have a hard time dropping the rope on a small wave with a Broadcast.
Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-11-2004, 11:18 PM Reply   
I actually use an hyperlite landlock and it does not work good. i can drop thr rope for a while but its hard to hold the speed...do you think a larger board - maybe the greenroom- is better for small wakes?
Old    cabalisticfire            01-12-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
I have not personally ridden a green room but have heard that it is one of the easiest boards to stay on the wave with. What kind of boat are you riding behind and how are you weighting it?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-12-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
If you have a small wake you are definitely going to need a board that floats well.
Old    gotpwr            01-13-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
I had a landlock and sold it to get a green room because I was sinking the tip on the landlock trying to keep up with the wave. The green room will be an improvement over the landlock, but it will still take a lot of effort to ride a small wake. Since I've had the green room I've made my wake a lot bigger and it is whole lot more fun and easier to ride with a bigger wake.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-13-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
i have rode a broadcast on a samll wake werked ok i have gone for a most a minute cause i had had to ride backside it fast so its pretty easy
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-14-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
it is hard on any board with a small wake; the bigger the board the easier it is
Old    dyonisus            01-16-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
I was a t the boatshow today and the new CWB inland board is supposed to pack a lot of speed.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-19-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
You need a board that will tolerate nose-diving. I recommed a test run of the Trick Boardz. I comes from the skimboard perspective. If you want the best float, however, look at a Softtop. They have the best surface area to control ratio for beginner/intermediate riders. The also don't harm the boat.