Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
Ok,

I have started amassing parts for the off season. I am looking forward to completely gutting my audio system and upgrading.... I have a 2012 MB Sports F21

I was thinking about adding More bass.....I was toying with the idea of adding some JL 8w7 or Sundown Audio SA-8 V2 D.2 Subwoofers in the main area inbetween the seats and floor. I was thinking of glassing a ported box with a single on each side..

So far I have 2 Hertz HX 250s (10s) in a ported enclosure going under the dash.. I want to make sure I have enough bass in the boat...

Let me know what you guys think...Enclosed some pictures of the boat interior..
Has anyone done this before?
Attached Images

Last edited by Greeko; 08-29-2013 at 4:51 PM.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
I like the picture of the WOOFer
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 4:52 PM Reply   
haha, oops...Shes loves boating!
Old    Paxdad            08-30-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
I would let you dog stay in your boat for a few hours unattended since she loves boating. She could probably get some of the new holes started for your stereo build.
Do you ever sit in your boat where you have it stored and make strange boat noises? Seems like a peaceful place to store it though!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-30-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
I just had some WS 808s installed in my seat bases on our Tige. They are not in a box but holy crap did they improve my midbass. I guess the question is are you going for more midbass or you just want to have tons of bass in the boat for all occasions? I would try glassing a 10" in each side if it would fit if your goal is just a ton of bass. Otherwise something like the 808 or the JL 7.7s or new 8s (forget the model) would probably work. Also I took an XS-12 I had in the rear locker out and used the amp I had on it (syn 2) and put that on the 808s and I now have WAY more bass. I have a 12" RE Audio MX 12 under my helm as well.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-30-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
^^^ I have been thinking about doing the same thing Bruizza...
would really like to add some good mid base to my system. those 808's seem like they would fit the bill nicely.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Bruizza,

I think that is def the way to go. I was just not sure whether the xs-808s or the JL 7.7 would be the better choice.... The 808s go for around $320 at your shope and the JLs around 270..so not huge..considering the XS-650s are around $200