Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-10-2011, 6:34 AM Reply   
So I've seen lots of posts and disscussions about transom lights on here. I am going to stick some on my V237, but I am at a decision point. Im trying to stay around 500 bones, so I can't install 300 lights like some of you guys....

Anyway the question is: Is it better to go with like two 6 LED's like the lumitec's or abyss, or get just one light and mount it in the center that has like 15 LED's. I know that obviously the 15 puts out more lumens, but which will look better. What has worked for you guys? Post some pics if possible!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
2 pair of the 6 led "malibu oem"

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-10-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
Wow look at all those fish, Great pic.
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-10-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Ok, so is it completely redneck of me to think of doing this so I can go fishing off my wakeboard boat? Fishing is one of my other hobbies and this looks prime lol!
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-10-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Awesome. I will be able to catch enough fish to make the lights pay for themselves.

Paul - As a fellow Texan, I think it is completly acceptable to fish off your wakeboard boat - I keep one of the colapsable poles and a selection of tackle on board at all times just in case.
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-10-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
I can't get over the amount of fish - those are all catfish that are well into the 10lb range.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-10-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
I do like that install and the water clarity, great pic!

That was my first thought - holy catfish batman! I am starting to lean to keeping a pole on my boat, but I know my kids and their accuracy with a cast. I hate to see hooks get my seat.
$2k I'll get a jon boat.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie929 View Post
I can't get over the amount of fish - those are all catfish that are well into the 10lb range.
try 35+ range. Several are nearly 4 feet long.
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-10-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
I may get flamed by the Ken Land haters, but here is my experience and a few options you can consider.

In 2008, I ordered a pair of the X600's from Bullet Lines. One came damaged, called Ken, and he quickly replaced it. Had them installed on my 04 210 and never had an issue with the lights. My water wasn't the clearest, but I was happy with the output for 2 lights with 6, 1 watt LED's.

http://www.bulletlines.com/Underwate...hts-p/1020.htm

(see if think still works http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...er-LED-s-Pic-s )

A few years later, and 2 boats later, I am looking at another set to install in my 06 VLX. I have considered the X600's again, but the price has gone up since 2008. I am not in the crowd that thinks its worth spending big money for the Shadow Casters, and am completely happy with a cheaper set of lights. I recently came across these:

http://www.oznium.com/6w-flood

It got me thinking, 6 watts sounds offly familiar. So I went back to Bullet Lines website and saw that they sell a brass set that is identical to the ones on Oznium's website, but for $100 less.

http://www.bulletlines.com/under-wat...ght-p/1029.htm

I have no experience with the Malibu OEM lights, but as you can see above, with enough of them, they look good (http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=828). If you have a budget of $500, you may want to consider the lights on Oznium's website, and also the Malibu OEM lights. I don't have direct experience with the Oznium lights, but as I said, I can't see much difference between those and the ones that Bullet Lines sells.

Good luck...

Last edited by boardnxtx; 06-10-2011 at 9:02 AM. Reason: Added link
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-10-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
try 35+ range. Several are nearly 4 feet long.

Jeebus....that is awesome. I also do bowfishing and that would be epic...but Texas just recently banned bowfishing for catfish. Sad day
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
those catfish have been raised on french fries and queso... the restaurant in the above picture wont let you try and catch any of them..... I did hit one with my prop when i pulled in though... LOL
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-10-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
those catfish have been raised on french fries and queso... the restaurant in the above picture wont let you try and catch any of them..... I did hit one with my prop when i pulled in though... LOL
did you bend the prop?
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-10-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
those catfish have been raised on french fries and queso
So what you're saying is they're pre-seasoned and ready to cook?
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-10-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
It might be really redneck, but you could jump in, shove your hand in the fish's mouth and wrestle it.... Fishing Oklahoma Style
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       06-10-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Referring to noodling huh? Sticking your hand in a random hole hoping a catfish bites down on your arm and not a snake or snapping turtle??? F that stuff man, those guys are idiots.
Old     (M_Squared)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
Did you see this thread over here http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=lights
You can PM me if you have any questions.