Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-03-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Gday Guys,
So after a few months of negotiation, alot of emails and alot of paperwork my boat finally made it to the port in cali. this morning and is going to be shipped out to me on the 9th. No idea how I am going to wait a month to pick it up but least around christmas there are other things to occupy my mind with. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out with all my questions, I ended up with a 97 sport nautique thats in pretty much its original condition (minus the decals). When she lands I might take a heap of photos and post them, might need a wide angle lens for my smile though. Now that the deals pretty much said and done, thinking about the additions.

Tower first obviously (anyone got ideas of somethen that would look good with it)
Auto ballast system (try hide as much as I can)
See how the stereo goes but probably add a new system, was thinking going JL audio but need to suss it out.
Then if I had any spare cash later in the new year I was gonna look into getting a 3/4 wrap.
Again thanks for anyone who helped and im sure I will have many more questions once arrives.

Feel free to anyone with a good handle on photoshop to chuck a wrap design or tower on the pic for me.

Upload
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-03-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Cool man! Can't beat a Nautique!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-03-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Jeff, there is only one viable option for a tower on that boat. Generation 2 Flight Control Tower. I think New Dimensions makes them now.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-03-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
yeah thats what i was looking at the other day. Only prob is they dont make them in australia. Might be able to find a place to fab one up hopefully.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-03-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
My buddy took measurements off of my FCT for his 2001. I cant believe how good it looks and he did it for like $400.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-04-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Where do you live?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
I want to say I saw an article somewhere of a guy that made his own flight control tower in Australia for an 86 sn2001. Came out amazing. I think I saw it on www.the2001.com Might try searching that site for info.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Jeff, contact Adam from X-air, he made a few when he did mine for the 2001, I think he has one left.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-07-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
im in australia, qld. Yeah ive seen the one made for the 2001, might be some dimension issues with it.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-08-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Jeff, I was actually interested in this boat as well before we decided to go V-drive instead. From talking to the guy, sounds like he took good care of it and was asking a fair price. Congrats!
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-08-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
yeh i would have liked to go v drive aswell but a bit to exxy for me at the moment...and this is my first boat so its a large learning curve. The more I look at the pictures the more I like it so hopefully when i see it in real life its as good as I hoped. Now just got to get the tower sorted, stereo and auto ballast. Been looking into the auto ballast setup but i think i need to put it on ice until it lands here as Im just confusing myself without physically having the boat to see where things go and how they attach etc. Thoughts are sacks under front bow seats, sack in the ski locker and either try custom make a back seat for one, or remove it and put a sack chair in.
Old     (dico2020)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-09-2009, 12:20 AM Reply   
looking good jeffy, make sure you hit up nick from www.wrapmyride.net.au for a wrap, he does a great job. also hit up www.EmpireWakeTowers.com.au , they are fusion dealers and also plan on building a universal fct in the near future. im sure they will do you a good deal as they are trying to get their name out!
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-09-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
cheers dico,
might give empire a call about the tower. Been looking into stereos quite a bit, i think i have it sussed in my head how to set it up but just need to choose the gear and purchase. I think a wrap will be done later next year, hopefully they can send them out so i can do it myself.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-09-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
some guys will probably flame me for it but i dont think that this looks to bad at all. Trying to find some good wrap sites aswell just to play around with while im bored and photoshop some designs, anyone know of any good sites i cant find many with pics etc.Upload
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2009, 5:13 AM Reply   
I've got a Flight Control Gen 3 off a V211.. Would look great on that Nautique.. Nautiques get Nautiques towers... Just like Chevies don't get Ford parts..

Nada on the Malibu tower..
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-11-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
where can i buy these nautique towers from? Ive seen guys fabricating the gen 1 and 2 but not the gen 3, wouldnt mind seeing what it looks like.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Here you go hope this helps.

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/boat_towers.html
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-11-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Malibu tower on a nautique ?!?! Cool. Go for it. It's your boat. Customize til the end all.
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Here is a 211 tower.... FCT IIIUpload