Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    brianthomas            06-16-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
I bought an accurate no strectch spectre line last year and it just broke after about a year of use. Is this common or should it last longer? It seems like alot of moeny for 1 year.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
It should last for more than a year; however, there are a lot of factors that cause wear and tear on a rope. Such as knots, leaving it in the sun, dry rot, as well as many other factors. I've never seen a rope break behind a boat; however, i've seen a couple old ropes snap while throwing raley's on the trampoline (that really sucks).
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-17-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
yeah I would ask if you had a knot. especially if it was one of the lines that was just spectra (not yellowjacket, etc)

spectra lines and knots don't get along well.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-17-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
Funniest thing happend to me last year. I was our riding and the boat was turning around so i started to cut out to the outside so i could so a huge powerslide. Well about a second after i started cutting out my yellow jacket broke. I know your thinking how did it break? i will tell you.
you know on the rope where it loops back on it self for take sections there is a shrink wraped piece to cover the place where the rope comes back on itself and it is sewed together. I pulled the threads write out. i was pissed. the rope was about 10 months old. I brought it into my local shop and the replaced it free of charge. When u buy a good rope. you get a good waranty with it.

tubbing is for walley's
danny
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2003, 5:10 PM Reply   
I've broken 2 handles in my first 3 trips out this summer! One lasted for about 1-3 seconds!!! and the other about 2-3 hours. I had 3 handles and I thought I was set for years! :-( I'm getting tired of returning handles....
Old    absolutofft            06-19-2003, 1:27 AM Reply   
haha levi, i think your profile pic explains a lot of your handle breaking problems, don't hold on so hard!