Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-02-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
took a couple of friends out with us yesterday and everything seemed to go wrong.

some of you have read that ive been having problems with my front ballast jabsco reversable pump. well it finally locked up and i removed it from the boat, leaving all the tubing, thought nothing of it.

well we get out and the water is trashed so we decide to teach the new guys to surf. fill up the left rear (which is also where all the pumps are hidden behind a panel) well i notice while we were surfing the bilge was running. constantly. thought maybe it just rained since last time we were out and the hull was full or something. well finally after 10 minutes or so i realized that it wasnt right. pulled the bench seat and sure enough the bilge was FULL. so i opened the hatch were the left rear sack was and the floor was 4-6" under water! what happend was the open end of the hose coming from the under-hull pickup was BELOW water line since we were sacked so hard so it started syphoning water in as fast as the 1" tubing would allow which was damn fast!
unfortunatly the 750 sack was full so i couldnt access the hose! so i had to wait to drain which seemed like forever! then i could finally remove the panel and sure enough the hose was just pumping in water! so i re routed it so it was pointed way up high right to the top deck so it would be way above water line. i also duct taped the hose shut just for an extra peice of mind. no issues after that.

day goes on, water calms down. so we decide to wake board. since my front sack was out of commission. i used my external sack to put on top of the floor walkway. as im filling it. i see a bayliner type IO coming VERY close to us. and pulling a wake boarder and hes actually cuting right at us. he gets about to my swim deck 10' away and for some reason i stop looking. 2 second later i hear a huge THUD. well the chic driver cut right in front of us doing a circle around us. the rider never realized and this allowed the rope/him to reach us cause he was already in a hard cut right at us and looking at us, not where the chic driver was going. we he smashed right into my bow. fliping upside down i saw the bottom graphics of his board right as he hit.
i came Bubb Rubb glued. he and the chic driver thought it was no big deal. blowing it off. not having any remorse or realize they were even at fault. they bacically hit a parked car! we were just floating. chic driver was cusing at us! and the dude was glazed over blowing it off. they just thought it was no big deal. i assume had been drinking. eyes looked it. he got a busted blooding elbow. and the boat got very lucky. his Hydroslide rubber "bindings" seemed to be the only thing that hit the boat as the he fliped the board must have went JUST over the top of the bow and the binding just ground across it. after 10 minutes of rubbing rubber off the bow no damage or scratches that i could find.
one thing i did chuckle at later, was a comment he made that i missed in the heat of the moment (we were all livid) he goes, its no big deal i just hit it with my elbow, its only a $20,000 boat and Audrey told me my response was, is your elbow black?

whole ordeal still makes my blood boil. but it could have turn out alot worse for both him and my boat. and the chic driver was 1 more cuss word to my gf away from me jumping in the water and choking her.

heck of a day. and the one time we invite freinds.