Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-01-2001, 10:55 AM Reply   
I can't seem to get enough speed to do a tantrum. I do a progressive edge but if i don't speed up really quick at the end i won't ever get speed. I can't start out my cut faster because it only "catches" the water at a certain time. My boat doesn't have a pilon either, does this make a difference?
Old                07-11-2001, 8:02 AM Reply   
dont do a progressive edge on a tantrum. Start the cut hard and when you near the wake ease up on your edge and stand tall. Hit the wake and let it throw you.
Old                07-29-2001, 8:36 PM Reply   
so on a tantrum the wake throws you completely? my boy tells me that i will pop off the wake and all i need to do is arch my back and make sure the board is parallel to the wake. anything else?
Old                07-30-2001, 12:56 PM Reply   
You have to straighten your legs at the the top of the wake. If you straighten them at the top with enough speed it will launch you. Most people don't understand that. They throw the flip which will work fine but takes away from the air. To hit it high like the pros you have to come in hard and just stand tall or as I say spring off the top of the wake whenever your board straightens out. You don't even have to turn your board. When you release your back hand the board automatically turn. The straighter your legs are the higher you'll go. This trick will only work if you wait at the top, you will not get the rotation if you don't reach the peak of the wake. So it's all or nothing. You'll know when you hit it just right you'll feel like a rocket just shot you up.
Old                07-30-2001, 8:51 PM Reply   
do i let go with my back hand at the top of the wake or in the air?
Old                08-01-2001, 6:09 AM Reply   
at the bottom, which will swing your back foot around as you ride up through the wake.
Old                08-01-2001, 9:36 PM Reply   
so i let go and then wait till im at the top of the wake straighten my legs and lean back, then im ready to turn pro?