Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-03-2008, 1:51 AM Reply   
It's that time of year again. The votes have been tabulated and the results are in. Let the traditional questions ensue. Are these results important? Should they reflect contest riding, free riding or both? Should off the water activities matter? Is it just a popularity contest? Did WakeWorld get paid off with a handsome bounty from the companies that did well?

These are just a few of the questions that inevitably come up every year, so let's get on it and let us know what you think!

http://www.wakeworld.com/riderspoll/
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-03-2008, 3:28 AM Reply   
Would be cool to have best trick next year.

Interesting how LF is the sponsor and they "by chance" get the number one spot in both board and bindings, hhhmmmmm.......... I'm kidding. Nice work Dave.

Edit: crazy typos

(Message edited by kristian on September 03, 2008)
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
did the watson or witness get best board? it says watson but the picture is a witness
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Does Hyperlite do something to get out the vote? I would if I was a company. That is smart if they do. I think it is good to see new riders coming in and getting new fans.

Dave- How was your traffic different? Did you get many new people coming to the site?
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
how did jimmy lariche win rookie of the year when he rode in the jr mens tour this year. dont get me wrong he is sick and will be someone to help carry the torch in the next few years. so i think rookie of the year should be for a first time pro who rode on the pro tour.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-03-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
The Watson won Wakeboard of the Year. I accidentally put up the wrong image. Late night last night.

Roger, traffic wasn't anything out of the ordinary. In fact, we sometimes have more traffic in August than July, but this year July had more. Those are always our two biggest months.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-03-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
If a rider rides in a pro contest, he is eligible for Rookie of the Year. It also makes him ineligible for Rookie of the Year the following year. Jimmy rode as a pro in a few contests this year picking up $20,000 at Brostock and dominating the Malibu Pro Team Challenge.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
i understand, yea jimmy threw down at both of those contests
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
How many total votes?
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-03-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
looks like not enough people rode the lyman for it two win

or the same with the vantages, but i'll stay happy with what they both won.

and props to Lyman and Vandall on their spots !
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
I wonder where parks came in.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, I was wondering if the votes for top ten male riders are weighted according to the voting sheet, i.e. 1st place, 10pts, 2nd place 9pts, etc or is it just 1st place 1pt 2nd place 1pt

I'm suprised the Watson won board of the year, I expected The One to come in first again, the Lyman to come as 1t runner up, and maybe the ibex third or the Transcend or the Marius, those are the boards I hear about most on W.W. no offense to those of you that love your watson setup, I just don't hear that much about it. I expected the matching bindings to go in the same order for bindings of the year, ONE, Lyman... [...has bindings right?] and the zeus/answer.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-03-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yes, the votes are weighted just as you described. A first place vote is 10 times as valuable as a 10th place vote.

Lyman rides the Vantage, which I think came in fourth.

Parks came in 14th.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
lyman rides the transit
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-03-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
yea it's henshaw and harrington that ride the vantage

benny g used to but he's back on his trusted suctions now
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Well I absolutly do love my 07 Watson, but I think it may have gotten the most votes because it is by far the single best selling board out there. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I do love it...