Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-01-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
So I have a correct craft ski nautique from 1979 that makes a pretty decent wake for wakeboarding and I'd like to try some wakesurfing behind it. Anyone know at about what speed do we have to ride? about 12 mph ? all the weight on one side?
Is it possible with a 6.2" surf (not a wakesurf) ?
Thank you
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-01-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
How many models did they make in 1979, is it anything like a 2001?
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-01-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
I have a ski nautique 2001 and we are able to surf behind it. We run 400 behind the doghouse and 400 on the side of the surfer. Then we have two people in the back on the side of the surfer and someone in the passenger seat and the driver. Surfs at 10.5 mph
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Kramer, I also have a 2001. What size of board are you using? I am really torn right now between ~4'9" range or ~5'6" range. I want it to be able to fit in a standard board rack. The only wake surfers I have experience with are the hyperlite broadcast and coex. I'm not a huge surfer and not really looking for something thats high performance. I'm just not sure if the smaller board will work out very well with the smaller wake of the 2001.
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-14-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am using the cwb tsunami. I have also used the hyperlite broadcast 5'6" behind it. I like using the tsunami more but the broadcast is easier to control and learn on.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-02-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Ocean surfboards work great for small waves, they generate a lot of push. 11mph is my preference with about 1500lbs in my Supra SUnSPort. Kramers weighting sounds great
Old     (Freedafurface)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
I surf behind a 2002 Centurion Elite V I use a 450# Fat Sac in the bow. I use a 750# pound in the left rear box and another 750# on the left along the seat. Then Fill the center tank with 350# It gives a nice tall wake sometimes waist high. As someone mentioned earlier make sure you put some weight in the bow or the wake will try to push you into the back of the boat. We run at 10 MPH
I use a CWB Ride it is a very large thick board and ridiculously easy to ride. I have even had my silly dog "Leroy" on it with me when I ride. The board is easy to use on much smaller wakes. I think getting the Tsunami would be the better investment if you are able to make a decent wake.
BTW Be careful turning with that much weight you WILL swamp the boat.