Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    falcon_v            01-03-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
Can you just wire them together at the speaker terminals on the can or do you have to do it on the actual speaker. I have looked at the Arc audio KS 300.2 and the Syn 2 instructions but it only show it wired at the speakers not the top of the enclosure. I was going to go with the alpine but now I am thinking of the Arc audio. Thank you.
Upload
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-03-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
It depends on the impedance of the drivers. If you wire 2x 4 ohm speakers in parallel (as you have shown above) you will get a 2ohm load.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-03-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Here is a good website with lots of info

http://www.the12volt.com/
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-03-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
That is how you wire parallel

Impedence in parallel: Rnet = 1/(1/R1 + 1/R2)

If each speaker is 4 ohms then

Rnet = 2 = 1/(1/4 + 1/4)

Here is another good site: www.bcae1.com

Based on the questions you are asking, I might recommend you get some help from a professional or at least a buddy with some wisdom or experience with these issues.
Old    falcon_v            01-03-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
I am trying to ask if I can do it from the plug on the cans. I have banana plugs now just wondering if I can do it this way or do you have to do it off the speaker terminals on the speaker.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-04-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
Yes, you can parallel the 2 cans at the pass-thru. Whatever the impedance of each can is will determine the impedance the amp sees.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-04-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
C-

The two different pictures you drew are schematically and electrically the same. Regardless the voice coil impedance, what you have shown in both examples is parallel wiring.

To answer your question simply, wiring in parallel at the speaker's terminals is the same electrically as wiring in parallel at the enclosure terminals. Given the scenario you drew, it doesn't matter.

Phil
Kicker